Light-O-Rama Forums

Hanging sprider web string lights on brick

ericg2000

i recently started programming my first halloween sequences and have a question about my decorations.  i plan to use two spider web string light sets on the face of my house.  i've searched around and saw where people use hot glue, 3m clips and other stuff.  i live in texas, south of houston, so it's not super hot and not cold here that time of year.  what's my best options for hanging the lights?  what have others done in this area?  i'd like to not drill hole and use anchors if at all possible.  also, i am probably going to use a wire hanger to help keep the form of the light string.  thanks in advance.

Edited by ericg2000

I string up my 'spiderweb' string sets against stucco walls using fishing line from the attachment points on the string to the roof line.  At the roof line I tie on to small eye-hooks(also used for the Xmas lights)  I suggest stainless steel eye hooks to prevent future rust stain issues.   For the bottom of the string sets I run the fishing line down to ground stakes.

Good Luck!

And then there is the construction wire mesh (chick wire on steroids) and attach the lights to the wire mesh. Lean this up against the house. And you might want to paint the mess first so as it will not rust and leave any stains. Flat black would be my suggestion.

i didn't think about chick wire, thats not a bad option.  i'm making frames out of pvc for my window lights (i used wood last year), maybe i can make extensions to attach the wire mesh. 

Again, I suggest that you go to something a wee bit heavier than the standard Chicken wire. Chicken wire is to light and will sag.