Light-O-Rama Forums

Ok. Am I doing this right?

Herbaclaus

Hi guys,

So I am going from 32 channels to 128. I also will have a 8 CCR tree.

Last year I justed the sequence editor without visualizer and was fine with that.

I am trying to lay out and map my channels to drawings I have done. I have watched/read all tutorials.

So heres my issue:

I have started first in visualizer laying out each fixture (bushes/trees/etc) and made duplicates of each for color strings....ie...Bush 1 Red, Bush 1 Blue, Bush 1 Green.

I have done this for ALL FIXTURES. I have simply laied out and named. But not done any channel assignments.

Soooo.

Now I am trying to map to channels and get to work in the Sequence editor. Do I now go in and create my channels? Then go into visualizer and pick the channel it corresponds to?

ie. Bush 1 Red, Bush 2 Red and Bush 3 Red are all Channel 3.1. I am trying to make sure my naming is ok so I dont have a conflict. It took a ton of time getting fixures squared away. I do not want to blow the channel assignments.

Soooo.

Steps here?

Take a look at this thread. It goes into some very good details on how to (relatively) easily set up your visualizer to match your channels defined in the SE.