Light-O-Rama Forums

3D house mapping

jasonbeaty

can anyone give me any info on this .Does this really work, and can you use any projector 

Hello!

You should go over to the doityourselfchristmas site and look up Angus40. He has been posting a whole bunch of stuff.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?26478-House-Demo-in-3D-Finally

Most of his stuff is in the creating stages (using after effects and other items)

I have looked into the process and I tried fooling around with Resolume 4

with okay results, but the price tag on that thing is pretty steep.... And I have no clue what I am doing with after effects..... But,The main problem is the projector. If you are looking for the same results as the big name 3D mappings like the ukrainian independence day:
 then you may be dissapointed. Those guys use expensive projectors with tens of thousands of lumens. A barco projector can run you over 9K on ebay up to 150k!!!!! I may be wrong. but I believe they used 40 barco projectors. My video was a lame 2K lumens projector and I can't even use it in my display because the streetlight drowns it out, that is why I switched to the pixel matrix!

But if you are interested, I would get in touch with angus 40.

Good luck! And if you have some sort of epiphany, please share!

Eric

I just started messing around with 3d mapping.  Here is my first effort from last year at a local museum.  Could have been better.  Oh well......

Edited by marsh28