Light-O-Rama Forums

Injection molding

plasmadrive

A friend of mine has an injection molding business in the LA area.  He is looking for new projects and perhaps new things to manufacture.  Right now we are talking about him working on stuff for this realm for the hobbiest.

So......... If you have anything that you have come up with that you think might be workable as an injected part.. PM me and I will forward you his contact info. This might be the ideal time as he is looking to get his feet wet in this segment of the industry.  Previously he did stuff for the movie light industry but that has slowed way down..

Craig

With the explosion in Pixels and the Superstar type tree, It would be nice to see legs of varying lengths with the holes already formed. Could keep the pixels perfectly aligned. Don't know if thar's feasible in this genre, but it's an idea

I'd like to be able to solder a wire splice together and put an injection molded cover on it.

Like a multi-outlet cord, only with custom spacing and lengths.

Hi Ron,

The looks more like extruding then molding..

I am thinking about having him do some snow flakes.   He had a great idea about having them snap together so the mold can be smaller. 

I am also having him make my top caps for my icyicle tubes..

Craig

Can he make ice sculpture molds for Christmas? Give us polar bears an edge over those Christmas beach goers.

Would love to see (and buy) a mold to make a few ice figures for my display next year.

straight holders to make those kinked up icicles hang straight down and keep them from smashing around in wind storms.

I am not sure what he is capable of making.. but if you want to pursue a project seriously, let me know and I will pass his info on to you..  

What about custom enclosures that can contain 2 or more controllers? Maybe the existing generic ones are adequate though, I don't know.

What about custom enclosures that can contain 2 or more controllers? Maybe the existing generic ones are adequate though, I don't know.

I would assume he could, but not sure.  A mold for those might be a bit expensive because of size.. if you make a great deal of them it might be worth it..

Anyway all, I don't know all of what he can do... so if you have a project that you are serious about and have the $$ to back it up.. PM me and I will send you his contact info and you guys can work it out. 

His name is Sam Leu

• The topic was locked