Light-O-Rama Forums

So what happens when Channel Count Exceeds 3600?

bob_moody

I currently have the 2 CCR License. Not sure why I bought it when I did, but thats not the point to the story.

This year we are adding several pixel based items to the display and of course my SuperStar channel count has blown the 300 channel export count off the face of the planet.

At last look (I told SuperStar to export knowing I was over budget on channel.. but the nice thing is it tells you how many you have.. ) I was at 1172... dangerously close to the 1200 limit of a 2CCR to 8CCR upgrade and I dont even have the 2 strips added for the leaping arches.. which will add 300 channels .. so now we are 1472.

So now.. I'm looking at a $250 upgrade to the 24CCR license (have to sell that one to Mrs. Claus) to make sure we can export what we have created.

None of this includes a pixel tree, which a 12 strip tree will eat 1800 ... so now we are at 3272 leaving only 328 channels left (about 109 pixels)... Hmmmmmmmm...

What are the options then? Where do we go if/when we max out the SS license? You know its going to happen. Lighting channels are just like the gasses and hard disk space... they always expand to fill thier volume.

I'm not in or at a crisis just yet .. just a little P^6 (Prior planning prevents Pxxx Poor Performance) ..

Bob

The pixel limit was the only reason I didn't go with S3 & Super star.

I still would live to have a play with it, seeing that it looks amazing.

I decided to go with, LSP instead. I've got over 32k channels at my disposal. It will take awhile to fill that channel count:)

In the next release, SuperStar will support up to 80 CCRs. There will be two more license levels, a 40 CCR license level and an 80 CCR license level.

In the next release, SuperStar will support up to 80 CCRs. There will be two more license levels, a 40 CCR license level and an 80 CCR license level.

Yikes... (doing some Jethro Bodine ciphering ... ) ... I imagine these are going to be some HIGH $$$ upgrades....

With the current licensing cost basis, 2, 4 or 8 CCR licenses are all at about .16 an export channel

The cost break comes in at the 24CCR license where the cost per export channel drops to around .08 per

I'm guessing the 40CCR license is going to be around $499 and the 80CCR would be in the neighborhood of $699 give or take $50. (DISCLAIMER!!) These are WAG's of course with no validation from Brian, Dan or anyone connected with LOR....

Also curious about the "next release" issue and the S3 license system. Currently, I am showing

Max Version: 3.12.* (and any future versions released by August 8, 2013) will updates come before or after? If after there is then the additional cost of renewal ... (sigh)

Complete bummer.... Now I find out...

I have ~2,000 pixels for 2013, so I just purchased Light Factory Personal for $500, before the sale ended May 1st.   I will be test driving it (as well as HLS) as soon as I get one of my new pixel trees built....

I am sad about the entire software (or lack there-of) fiasco (not just LOR, but the entire industry).

I started with LOR 8 years ago, and fell in LOVE with the hardware, support, and software that allowed for such magical Holidays.  It really sucks leaving the flock so to speak.

I guess the good news is, I could look at it as the show is getting bigger (only regarding channel count), and as they say, "The show must go on!".

as cost increases  we get stuck paying its becoming a very expensive hobby  I just hope all the software industries can compete to make a low cost program that most people can afford that in turn doesn't break the software industry  just like Microsoft I wished they would make an operating system that really work before they go to the next one sorry just my input regards

as cost increases  we get stuck paying its becoming a very expensive hobby  I just hope all the software industries can compete to make a low cost program that most people can afford that in turn doesn't break the software industry  just like Microsoft I wished they would make an operating system that really work before they go to the next one sorry just my input regards

You must be speaking of Micro$oft Winblows Ain't!!!!

Add insult to injury...... Windows Server 2012

Bob