Light-O-Rama Forums

What to buy.

Scotter

I have about 14000 lights that I ran thru a light and sounds of Christmas box last year and that worked well.  I hot rodded it to have an audio plug so I could broadcast it on the Fm dial as well. This year I want to expand and do my own sequences. What is everyone using?  I noticed that there are a few different types of software too. I am looking for ease of use and something that wont bog me down for hours at a time tryuing to figure out lines of computer code to make my lights go blink ady blink. Becasue of my vast landscape and the vision I have for decorating I will need two boxes for sure.  I noticed the PC series seemed a bit light on options but is the pro series a bit too much for just a house?  I am just asking for peoples opinions at this point.

About the only thing you can't do with a PC box is load a stand alone sequence.  Of my 15 boxes , 5 are the pro series and that is because there were no PC boxes when I started.  If you have a bunch of boxes, I think it is good to have at least one Showtime box just in case you want to do an independent project like fighting snowmen or a megatree on your campsite in the summer. (nope, nope....never done that before....nope, nope).......OK... I admit it.

Considering this is a LOR forum, we're all going to suggest Light-O-Rama Software and controllers. Kind of limited on big Pixel Universe numbers though. Supposedly, changes are coming for Pixels and RGB. From the couple of posts I've read, Software and Hardware for Pixels.

The Pro controllers, I'll add to what Brian mentioned, they are also UL coded.

I have 7 PC series and had only 2 problems, One had to be replaced and one had to be re-set. Other than that, zero problems. Very reliable Items. LOR support is second to none in my book.

The LOR Showtime Sequence Editor is rock solid for for regular AC strings and a few Pixels. I ran 400 Pixels (4 sets of Cosmic Color Pixels) and about 10,000 LEDs (7 CTB PC series) on 2 circuits last year. Zero problems except 1 and that was my bumble, not LOR. There is a small learning curve with the software, but it's easily straightened out by downloading free sequences and doing a little studying.

Hope this sheds some light. Welcome to the Show and the wonderful world if Blinky-Flashy!

Ron

I've got a dozen of the PC, and no pro...been more than sufficient for a house.  I'm getting my coworker into lights, and he is graduating to his first 2 controllers this year from Mr. Christmas...he has no time for sequencing, and once I showed him the free sequences and purchasable sequences, he was on board, and it is(to Ron's point) a great teaching tool to have a couple premade to see how it works.

1+ for PC series. and download the free software from the site and play with it it's not hard to use. there are a lot of online tutorials and info on here before you know it you will be stuck. (Warning this hobbies is very addictive but fun. )