Light-O-Rama Forums

Way to make a good multi line sign

pghquest

I'm looking for suggestions on how to make signs that have several lines of messages.

First one being the radio station for the music,

Second one being another type of message, like please dont park in the neighbords driveways etc..

Any idea on how to make a decent sign with multiple lines that wont cost me an arm and a leg?

There's going to be tons of design ideas found in the forums as you are not the 1st to ask that question.

IMHO- find a local sign-shop that makes banners, That and and an LED floodlight should do the trick.  Most are digital now and you could even make up the graphics file yourself.

OR

Get crazy and make up a smart pixel matrix sign and go all out($$$$)

Good Luck!

William,

How many pixels across is that. From zooming in on the pic, it looks like 32 wide and 15 high. That's 'zactly what I've been looking for. Also, did you use snap T's or regular schedule 40 T's

32x16 Ron, very good eye.  As well they are 1/2 T's that's are glued together.  Was stable and worked amazingly well.   The pixels themselves constantly gave me trouble.  Early in the season I had Gif and pictures and so on.  As they pixels went out I had to condense it down quite a bit.  Lesson learned and now its better than before with 2812's instead of the 2801's I had on it last year.

<---- Video of it acting as a tune in sign.

2812s. Have I missed an update somewhere?  :o  :blink: I'm using 2811s. When did this happen? DOH!!!

No joy on the Vid. It says it's private

Edited by Ron Boyd

2812's are a 2811 but the chip and led are integrated.  Still uses the 2811 protocol but its all 1 tidy LED package.

Try the video again?

Edited by WilliamS

lot of folks also use voiceovers by the dememted elf to tell visiters information about your display.