Light-O-Rama Forums

what to do with smart strips

kryolla

What are people doing with their smart strips besides mega mini tree, arches, roof and window lines? I have 5 strips coming and a P2 controller

Edited by kryolla

I forget who but one person on here made lighted garden boxes that they use for both Holiday and off-season lighting.  If you do a search here I think  you may find quite a few other folks that are using them for different things both during and off-season lighting.

I built a star using strip which is on top of the house, You can also use it with Coro and be creative like make some candles, Most of the lights in my display is strip

Beyond holiday lighting, we've also taken a selectable color strip and attached it to the back of our family room wall mounted flat screen to give it a lighted color halo effect that has drawn a LOT of positive feedback.  We also screwed & nailed 1x2's together into a U track and screwed them to my daughters room walls about 6" down from the ceiling, added decorative molding, and little drywall mud, and dropped in the lighting to give the room a BURST of indirect lighting - very pleasant for late night studying. 

Looking at removing our halogen pucks from under the kitchen cabinet and incandescent rope light from on top and replacing with strip lighting too. 

We have a small purchased sign for our front shrubs, backlit with our house number on it, that was driven by a solar rechargeable AA.  The light worked for about a year.  When I get time to figure out how best to do it, I'm looking to try to resurrect it by changing it over to run from our 12v Malibu lighting transformer, and perhaps turn our night security light system into something more such as running from a CTB16 a year or two down the road.  Very tired of always changing the incandescent light bulbs & replacing the fixtures in the Malibu stuff.  Those bulbs just run too hot and don't last long. 

A lot of folks are using them in their cars, headlights, RV's etc.  

Magish - Did you have to eat them in 3 LED per pixel bites?           Yumm -  Ketchup?