Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini-Mega Tree Anchor

EARLE W. TALLEY

Here is an item that was brought to me by a friend, who went to North Carolina on vacation. He said they use these to hold fishing rods and umbrellas on the beach. I thought I would share this with you because it looks like an item that could be used for a Mini-Mega Tree base. It is 15" long, the hole is 

1 1/2" in dia. with a set screw of plastic or PVC. The whole thing is made of pvc, so I don't know how well it would hold up in the colder areas. Here is the web site for the item, but it is of little help as far as price and ordering, maybe someone in the North Carolina area could help out if anyone wanted one. The cost on these were $9.99 or $ 7.99 with VIC card (what ever that is)

http://www.jgrcopa.com/Catalog/Catalog2013.cfm?pageno=119

Pics.

You are correct Earle.......this could be very useful item in supporting a pole on smaller mega tree. Found the following link with them for $5.95 located in Burnsville, NC. but, their current status is "out of stock". Price may go up when they get them "in stock"! LOL

Thanks again for sharing some of your sequences with me earlier this year!

Justin

http://www.everywherechair.com/beach-umbrella-sand-anchor-away.html

Justin, thanks for the link, these should work for trees 10' or less.

Earle

how much weight do you think they could handle? say someone wants to put 3 colors 16 strings each. haeck my tree is one color 14 strings and it's pretty heavy(lots more than I thought)

I would say a 10' tree with three g-wires you should not have a problem. This is just to hold the base in one place. If you want something to hold the pole without g-wires I would put a steel or pvc pipe in the ground 2-3 feet. 

Earle

• The topic was locked