Light-O-Rama Forums

dc controller

jck46

i have the dc deluxe board and was wondering how to wire 4 wire rgbs to it do you jumper the positives together then each color on a channel a diagram would help otherwise thanks

The positives are jumperd together on the board so there is no need for additional jumpers.

I have wired mine this way:

1 positive: common on RGB

1 negative: Red

2 positive: not connected

2 negative: Green

3 positive: not connected

3 negative: Blue

This has worked for all of my RGB strips and did save a lot of crimping...

If you happen to have a bunch of low power (wall-wart) power supplies, you can use a separate power supply for each RGB channel. Connect the positive from the RGB strip to the power supply positive without connecting it to the DC board at all. (Each power supply negative goes to the board negative (ground)). (You'll need to connect one power supply to the DC board positive to power the LOR logic.)

What connectors is everyone using on the dc board to connect to the RGB string ?

Here are some pictures of my DC boards.  One shows the general set up of how I run my dumb RGB strips. One board is the older terminal type connectors and the other has the quick connect ones.

Sorry - Pics too large to upload.  Will work on resizing later.

post-243-0-31527200-1367419929_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-16226000-1367419943_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-51269100-1367419956_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary Blair

Larry:  The connectors I used are from :http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/50-pairs-4-Core-White-Waterproof-Line-15cm-long-each-male-and-female/701799_323485474.html

The wire from the box to the lights is security system wire I had laying around, I think it is 22ga.

Edited by Gary Blair