Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor

daddyalj

I am working on a sequence and I am really new at this. I am trying to turn lights on to piano notes as the song progresses. It seems to me it would be easy to get to a point in the song where I need to work and play the visible screen then mark on the grid where I need to. Unfortunately, when I go to the place in the song where I want to work and click on play visible screen, the music does not play in the correct place, it does not match what is showing on the screen. Anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you correct it?

Are you using MP3s or WAV? Also, are you playing normal speed or one of the slower speeds? If you are using one of the slower speeds, you should use WAV audio files.

Denny,

I am using MP3 files, playing at normal speed. I read your reply on Planet Christmas also and thanks for the reply. To be quite honest, I don't know what speed the file was recorded nor do I know how to tell. I am going to try to learn how to convert to a WAV file and try it again.

Thanks,

Alan

Hey Alan -

You can use a program called Audacity to convert your MP3s to WAVs. It is a free download at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. You just open the MP3 file in Audacity, and the export it as a WAV. The program also has some editing features that can come in handy, for instance if you wanted to shorten a song, or fade in or fade out a song.

Good luck.

D.T.