Light-O-Rama Forums

North Pole

kryolla

I ordered the stuff to make RGB pvc north pole. My plan is to make 4 of them and the 3 ch dmx controller will cycle between the color if it doesnt get a signal. Then I plan on hooking up the power supply to 1 channel just to turn it on and off. My first endeavor into RGB. I might also get some RGB strips to hook up beneath my pool table and let the controller cycle between colors

Funny you should post this.....I want to build a North Pole that I saw on another forum where the spirals rotated like a barber pole but I can't figure out how to do it......I this what your are planning to do?  Are you plannig to have the spirals spin? Pardon my ingorance but what is a dmx 3 channel controller? If it's what I'm thinking that might be a way to make what I'm thinking Work. 

gmac are you talking like a weber spiral tree. I dont plan on making the north pole like that just the globe changing colors. My theme for this christmas is take on Holdman display but the colors are only going to be blue and white (wife doesnt like red) and I think these globes changing colors will make a nice back drop. Im starting with nothing so its costing me a lot especially with buying all new LED lights

I received my north pole and soldered everything up. Im very happy with it, now I need to order 3 more and some waterproof pigtails. I plan on putting the power supply and controller in a rubbermaid box and running the pigtails to each north pole or I might hook it up to LOR DC controller

Funny you should post this.....I want to build a North Pole that I saw on another forum where the spirals rotated like a barber pole but I can't figure out how to do it......I this what your are planning to do?  Are you plannig to have the spirals spin? Pardon my ingorance but what is a dmx 3 channel controller? If it's what I'm thinking that might be a way to make what I'm thinking Work. 

You can do spirals fairly easily - I'd actually recommend a pixel based solution depending on how ganular you want the chase to be on the pole.

I think nutcracker has a barber pole effect if you choose to go with smart pixels. I also just saw a you tube video where a guy hooked up a motor so the whole pvc pole spins.

Edited by kryolla

if your real careful putting this pole together you can put the power supply and controller inside the pvc just power and cat 5 or dmx cables coming out