Light-O-Rama Forums

Visions of Fireflies

George Simmons

For people doing this song, here's some ideas...

For best results, click on the name of the song in the upper left corner of the screen and follow the link to YouBoob and watch in full-screen mode.

Edited by George Simmons

Looks like a lot of new stuff this year George!  Cant wait to see it on the house.

And the CCBs that will make it possible are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

Thanks guys for the kind words. Nice to have new music from TSO. It's a great song to work with, and I definitely recommend this one for newbies.

For people doing this song, here's some ideas...

For best results, click on the name of the song in the upper left corner of the screen and follow the link to YouBoob and watch in full-screen mode.

George

Last year was my first year and I have now worked out how to achieve certain effects like leaping arches and star bursts but i can't figure out how you get the lights on the larger trees at the front to wipe upwards.  Can you let me into the secret?

Thanks

Tony

George

Last year was my first year and I have now worked out how to achieve certain effects like leaping arches and star bursts but i can't figure out how you get the lights on the larger trees at the front to wipe upwards.  Can you let me into the secret?

Thanks

Tony

he is using RGB's on them.

George

Thanks

Tony

Chet is on the right track.  Those trees will have red, green and blue conventional M6 LEDs on them.  Blue is a global color, while red and green can be independently chased.  Overlaid on top of that is 50 of LOR's CCBs on each tree - which is what you see creating the vertical motion.  The sequencing options of that setup are practically unlimited and so far I feel as though I've only scratched the surface of what's possible.

George  thanks that makes sense. I still have a lot to learn!.First step seems to understanding the art of the possible.

Tony

• The topic was locked