Light-O-Rama Forums

Light size question -

zeighty

I know you guys have answered this in one place or another on this forum... Perhaps this will be the post that pulls all the answers together.

I am ready to order lights. I see that there are various sizes available. I have used c9s in my static display for years. Below is a list of sizes. If you are so inclined copy the list to your reply post and put your opinion as to the best application for that size. I know there are a lot of variables, but I also know that experience can be a huge help. I have columns, arbor, gutter line and a few real trees and 4 or 5 3 or 4 foot light trees. As always - thank you.

5mm

M6

C6

C9

I use M5's in bushes and trees.  C6's I use along the eave of the house {roofline}, doors and windows.  I may also use C7's along the eaves and around doors and windows as well as ground lights.

Here are the lights I'm using in my show for reference:

C7 (clear, incan): roof line of house and garage, wire frames and inflatables

M6 (LED, various colors): mini trees, mega tree, large trees, shrubs, wire frames

5MM (LED, various colors): tree trunk wraps

I'm also using colored incan flood lights as well. Hope that helps!

I know you guys have answered this in one place or another on this forum... Perhaps this will be the post that pulls all the answers together.

I am ready to order lights. I see that there are various sizes available. I have used c9s in my static display for years. Below is a list of sizes. If you are so inclined copy the list to your reply post and put your opinion as to the best application for that size. I know there are a lot of variables, but I also know that experience can be a huge help. I have columns, arbor, gutter line and a few real trees and 4 or 5 3 or 4 foot light trees. As always - thank you.

5mm                Coroplast or similar (ABS with holes drilled)

M6                     Coroplast, Mini Trees, Small Mega Trees, Windows, Arches and/or Fans, Spinners, Bursts, Firesticks

C6                     Mega Trees, (Wish I had have done mine this way) 

C9                     Rooflines, Borders, Windows

http://www.christmas-leds.com/custom_v3.aspx?id=24

Here's a link to a comparison of the different sizes available. All of my LEDs are of the M6 variety. My new Rainbow Pixels are actually C7s.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Thanks so much. Great replies and a ton of useful info. I knew I could count on the LOR experts!

I am now not afraid to try the smaller sizes.

Ron and Mike - thanks for the links - very useful info.

Thanks so much. Great replies and a ton of useful info. I knew I could count on the LOR experts!

I am now not afraid to try the smaller sizes.

Ron and Mike - thanks for the links - very useful info.

Now, buy buy buy!

Don't forget to buy/make pretty of extension cords to run to your lights.