Light-O-Rama Forums

How long is your show?

TheJackal

TheJackal, sorry I miss spelled your name above. After I seen it this morning I could not go in and edit it.

Wayne

Its all good. I didn't even notice till you said something :)

This last year I did two shows, the one at our home would last about 1 1/2 hours if you watched it from beginning to end, this was broken into 4 sets.  Each set began with a 'Vacation' intro, a bit by the Demented Elf, then 3 Christmas Sequences, next would be a patriotic intro from Kevin, then 2 patriotic sequences where we have slide show of the military banners from around the city, the last two sequences repeat at the end of each set are dedicated to a few of the men who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country.  The second show is at a local military base, where it was a 20 minute show that started at the top of each hour, the sequences for this show were traditional Chrismas numbers for the men and women who were not able to go home for the holidays.

Last year was my first year with LOR. I used almost all borrowed sequences. So while they didn't look "bad" (my lights still went blinky blink), it didn't look as good as it should because the sequences weren't programmed specifically for my layout, they were for someone else's layout. Anyhow, I had about 25 songs running on a continous loop, with Christmas Vacation soundbites between each song. Parking was and still is a major issue for me. I live on a rural country road with no shoulder. Tried setting up a parking lot in my yard. Some cars stopped, but never had more than 2 at a time. Hopefully this year will be much better.

4 different 1 hour shows per night. 3 shows shuffled to the first second and 3rd hour. Pink Floyd 2nd hour always on Fridays. Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Skrillex, etc and some other more adult Christmas and non Christmas tunes during the 4th hour. Sound via PA speakers the first 2 hours (the neighbors approved the sound and appreciated the shuffle) and sound only via FM transmitter the 2nd 2 hours.

I don't care if anybody stays and watches the entirety of any show. I wouldn't stay that long except that I live there and I love it.

Many of the kids that came to my show last year were more interested in their ipods but the older aduldts really liked the rock and non conventional Christmas shows

As I read somewhere here on the forums "It's not a competition for me, it's a celebration."

I run 6 songs all shortened to 2-2.5 minutes. 

This is the best advice. Except for some songs that were already short (like "Joy to the World" by Bob Rivers), I've shortened every song in my show. This year, I even shortened Wizards in Winter because it is just too long. I always chop the repetitive stuff out of the middle of the song.

• The topic was locked