Light-O-Rama Forums

audio converted to mp3 wont load in instant sequence

rnoble

I converted audio to mp3 from a video and as trying to load it in superstar instant sequence , it says "  if program is being used in another program , you need to close the other program  "  . i did the same with other songs and every thing was ok , but not this one . so what am i doing wrong.   thanks

The only thing I can tell you to try when that happens is reboot your system.  I have had that happen in the LOR SE {don't have a SuperStar license yet}, and it seems sometimes Windows gets something confused and will lock an MP3 file as being used, even if it isn't.  For some reason the program hangs and somehow locks the MP3, saying the program using it is still loaded, even though you exited the software it was originally in use in.

If you've done that, and still having that issue, then I have no idea what would cause that.  Rebooting is what I have always done when I encounter that particular problem, and it's usually resolved after the reboot, if the soft reboot doesn't work, then try turning the computer off {complete shut down} and back on, then everything should work as it is supposed too.

Good Luck.

Edited by Orville

Thanks for replying i did that but it didnt work. I have two more songs that have did the same thing. I think i am doing something wrong in superstar but im not sure. I have got an untitled .sup but i cant get it erased for some reason. its not showing up when i bring up superstar , but when i try to load these songs then try to close them , it says you want to save changes to untitled.sup..I have pushed yes and no to save.  So i really dont know what im doing . thanks

Can you do a properties check on the .sup file?   It may be set as a read only file, which sometimes one can not delete.  Right click on the file, then click properties and see what shows up, uncheck any boxes that may be checked and then try and delete the file again.   Sometimes this will work, sometimes it won't. 

Just make sure you've closed any programs that use the file{s} before trying to delete them.  

Like said, sometimes this will work, sometimes it won't. 

But after changing them and it doesn't, try a reboot again, repeat the same process beforfe opening SS or any program that would use the file{s} and try to delete them again.   

Most times this will fix the problem, if not, hopefully someone from LOR/LOR Support will chime in with something that will work to get your issue resolved.

This has worked for me in Windows XP, and Windows 7, but it may not work in some cases or for others.

It's about the only other thing I can think of at the moment to tell you to try and see if it corrects any of your issues.

Best of Luck!

Edited by Orville