Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 8

Six Chicks

I am running S3 Advanced on Windoze 8 with no issues on the sequencing part I never tested it for running my display.
*** Small Rant about Windows ***
The only trouble I had was windows 8 crashed on me so I had to reinstall broken windoze and after I reinstalled it windows took away all ownership of most of my sequences and other files so I could not load them. Because I did not have "Permission" After fighting with the permissions settings and having windows tell me that I could not change files on my computer I disabled the stupid User account control feature.

*** Rant Off ***

Edited by TitusCarnathan

I have just bought a windows 8 computer and can't get my visualised to work despite copying the visualised, sequence and music files direct from the lap top where it all works fine

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it

I could also have a rant about windows 8 what were they thinking off

I have just bought a windows 8 computer and can't get my visualised to work despite copying the visualised, sequence and music files direct from the lap top where it all works fine

If it is not loading you are probably having the same issue I had with my sequences. Note the Reg edit fix will disable metro apps Unlike anyone with a desktop wants their DESKTOP to look like a cellphone.

In Registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

In the right pane look for EnableLUA and modify its value to 0. Close regedit.

The other fix would be to change the permission on every file.

Also if you want the start menu back I recommend getting Start menu 8 http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

• 4 weeks later...

I have had 8 for a little while,but what I noticed on my machine is that when I open lor 3 it changes to windows 7(not sure if this happens to everyone)

Ug.. Windows 8, a version of Android that microsoft wants a part of the market for. :)

• Like 1