Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating 2nd string for a CCP controller

orchidman

Question: How do I create 2 CCP strings (1 each for 2 arches) in Visualizer using the single CCP controller so that it can be imported into Superstar and then into Sequencer.

Background: Tomorrow I will be receiving my Mad Grab order that will include 2 CCPs.  I am trying to learn how to program them to replace my 4 regular string LED arches in my sequences.  I am hitting a brick wall but I am sure there is something small that I am missing.  I have gone through all the tutorials I can find, manuals etc and can’t find the answer to my question.
I have downloaded the CCarchParabolicL1.lff from Bob (ItsMeBobO) and modified it for a single string.  Using it in Visualizer, I was able to import the single strand (50 pixels) Visualization into Superstar.  However, I have not figured out how to create the second strand for the CCP controller in the Visualizer, pixels 51 thru 100 or channels 161 true 310.  I am trying to create 2 arches, one string for each arch using the single controller.
When I import the single string from Visualizer into Superstar, I am able to program it and then save it as ‘Export to Sequence Editor’ and then open it in Sequencer.  However it only has the single strand or arch.  In Sequencer, I am able to Insert Device that has both strings for the controller so I now that part and would be able to past the Superstar_sup parts into the desired locations in my sequence.

In Visualizer, how do I create the second string for the controller so that I can import it into Superstar and ultimately Sequencer?

Would appreciate any help.
Gary

You should be able to set the second stiring to it's own unit ID. The base unit ID for the first string and the base unit ID + 1 for the second string.

You should be able to set the second stiring to it's own unit ID. The base unit ID for the first string and the base unit ID + 1 for the second string.

Brian,

It always helps me to diagram things out.  I hope this makes sence.

So what you are saying is, for each arch (50 pixel string) set the ID to a different ID.  So in Visualizer, as an example arch 1 = ID 6, arch 2 = 7, arch 3 = 8 and arch 4 = 9.  Superstar could then handle this.  Program the arches and Export to Sequencer.

In Sequencer, in my sequence, create 2 devices, each with 2 strings.   Call them C1 and C2.  The first string of the controller would be a and the second string b

Copy the Superstar sequence exported into Sequencer to my Sequence with the 2 CCP devices.

In Visualizer           In My Sequence

and Superstar

Arch 1 (ID 6)                  C1a

Arch 2 (ID 7)                  C1b

Arch 3 (ID 8)                  C2a

Arch 4 (ID 9)                  C2b

This seems like it should work.  I just couldn't find it docmented.  Is this verly commenly done or am I on the bleeding edge again :blink:

------------

After writing the above, I though of another way of looking at this.  Is this correct?

Keep each arch independent (different ID) in Visualizer and Superstar and marry each arch to their final controller/ID in Sequener.

Which then brings up the situation that when the Sequence is played, the Visualizer with all my lights will not display the arches 2 - 4 correctly because I still can't have 2 arches on the same ID in Visualizer.  Is thsre a way around this?

Edited by orchidman

You are correct. If you would like them to play independently than set them up seperate in the sequence editor. When you add the device - CCD in your channel list choose the seperate unit ID button for the second string. In your sequence editor you can copy and paste channel sequences to mimic each other and thus give your the same look for two arches.

Thanks Brian,  I will have to work on this some to see if I can get it to work the way I want.