Light-O-Rama Forums

Programming Approach

bob_moody

This message is directed at Brian, but I MOST CERTAINLY would love to hear from everyone else and their ideas...

Brian,

You have seen and helped me with both my 8 pixel based candy canes and my Merry Christmas sign.

My question is about programming these.

I currently have the Candy Canes and the Merry Christmas sign as two separate visualizations.

As such, every song I sequence, I would have program at LEAST 3 times... once for the canes, once for the sign and once for everything else (all the LOR channels and the 8 Node based DMX North Poles)

I wondering:

1. should I combine ALL elements pixels, nodes and LOR into one visualization and program once from there

2. Combine the Candy Canes and the Sign (all pixel based) and export to the SE

3. Stay where I am now and just do the programming

What I am afraid of is that right now I only have a 2CCR License. I will have to upgrade to 8 to get the sign exported (632 channels if I recall)...

If take option 1 or 2 then I may have to upgrade past the 8 to get the export of all the channels(?)

I'm looking for opinions and best practice.. Not for someone to make a decision for me... so please feel free to express ALL opinions ...

Thanks for your help ..

Bob

(My train of thought just derailed... )

My goal is to make SuperStar an environment that makes it easy to sequence all your lights. And it would be easiest to have all of your lights in a visualization and sequence them together. But the down side of that is that it requires you to get a higher level license. 

I figured that was going to be the answer.

I will have to figure how many channels are in the Sign+Candy Canes vs the total setup and see where I can get to (budget, time etc)...

I may have to approach the pixel programming and the regular programming as two separate steps for now...

Appreciate the feedback ..

Bob