Light-O-Rama Forums

Mad grab sale newbie help!

Az. Mike

Ok, now I was going to buy the pc ctb16pc starter kit for months now..{$307} the mad grab sale came on and i see just the pc-ctb16 {regularly $259} is on sale for $205 . I grabbed one of these and a generic starter package. for about $43 , total order was $277 with shipping[got it in first minutes ]. would of been $330 for the "starter package. I'm paranoid. did i get the same thing. all i can tell is my cat 5 cable is 10' instead of the 25' starter pack..is this right ??? I'm in the big leauges now and green .

Ok, now I was going to buy the pc ctb16pc starter kit for months now..{$307} the mad grab sale came on and i see just the pc-ctb16 {regularly $259} is on sale for $205 . I grabbed one of these and a generic starter package. for about $43 , total order was $277 with shipping[got it in first minutes ]. would of been $330 for the "starter package. I'm paranoid. did i get the same thing. all i can tell is my cat 5 cable is 10' instead of the 25' starter pack..is this right ??? I'm in the big leauges now and green .

You should receive a confirming e-mail soon; check it over and see if it's what you ordered or wanted. Sounds like you got a sweet deal.

Yeah . Got the CTB16 pc controller (regularly $259) and the generic starter software pack $43 Got to see what else I need to test this when I get it. Just doing speakers in yard this first year..,(on a lower volume)

You got what you need, instead of being all in one package it was in two packages and the CTB16 was on sale hence the price difference.  I did the exact same thing last year.  Now you just get to hurry up and wait for it all to be delivered.  Good luck and have fun!

Just starting out myself and was in the same boat as you. Let's see if I could ease your concerns.

1. The controller you bought is the same. The difference in price is because of the sale.

2. You're correct about the Cat5 cable. You'll get a 10 footer instead of 25 ft. If you need a longer one, you can get them online...there not expensive (25ft for under $10)

3. I upgraded to the Standard License for $45 more since I ordered 3 boards and know I will go past the Basic Plus allowance of controlling 4 controllers. You'll find out when you start programming that you will also.

Welcome to the great world of blinking and flashing lights. Don't forget to buy a lot of extension cords. You will need them.