Light-O-Rama Forums

Wattage Question

Guest guest

You figure that 3 sets of 100ct minis are approximately 1 amp. LOR triacs, with heatsinks, will handle approximately 8 amps. 3 sets x 8 = 24 sets Just to be safe you might want to check the amps of each set of lights, and go about 80% of the triac. And remember the grand total of the board is usually only 15-20 amps, depending on the model.

Bill

I am thinking about doing 6 mini trees. 300white and 300multi color on each tree. So each tree would use 2 channels. Then do four bushes with 400clear on each channel(total of 4 channels, one per bush). Would that work with the 16 channel 30 amp ok.

Justin wrote:

I am thinking about doing 6 mini trees. 300white and 300multi color on each tree. So each tree would use 2 channels. Then do four bushes with 400clear on each channel(total of 4 channels, one per bush). Would that work with the 16 channel 30 amp ok.

The 6 minis would be approximately 12 amps. Every 300 lights is approximately 1 amp, so 600=2amps. 6 minis x 2 amps = 12amps.

Then the four bushes would be approximately 5.2 amps total. 400 lights = 11/3 amp approximately, so 11/3 amps x 4 =5.2 amps.

So to answer your question, yes. You would be using right around 18 amps for the entire board. If you used 80% of the board it would be 24 amps, so that is well with-in reason. Just my opinion.

Bill