Light-O-Rama Forums

Another newbie with questions before the big sale

packen

Hello all, I've been watching for a while now and getting ready to buy some goodies. First off, I'm on a budget so I can't go wild like I would like to. I am planning on purchasing 2 or 3 of the CTB16PC controllers. I'm thinking about the ones that need to be assembled without soldering to save a few bucks. Also looking to buy the advanced software with a starter kit. I plan to add more every year.

Now for the questions,

Is the CTB16PC a good choice or should I go to the LOR1602W? Is it fairly easy to assemble?

I hope to add some CCRs in the near future, will the advanced software package also run that or do I need another upgrade? I am thinking about the 150 ccr strip. I really want to build a super mega tree.

And, what types of credit cards does LOR accept? I plan on being ready for the big sale with credit card in hand.

I am located in NE Missouri. Anybody else around?

Packen:

If you are going to controll your shows with a computer the CTB16PC would serve you well. I don't know about the LOR1602W, but it says it's the pro. I assume for commerical applications. As far a assembling the controllers, if I can do it, anybody can do it. As far as software goes. Last year was my first year. I started out with the basic, and one controller, and it wasn't about a week later I figured I didn't get what I wanted to do so I upgrade to Advanced, and bought another controller. I then got the SuperStar software for 8 CCRs and figured out about a week after that that I needed to upgarde to 24 CCR.

I have since Christmas bought another controller and 6 CCP's.

Some of these other people here will be able to answer your questions better than I. As far as being around the NE part of Missouri. Can't help there. I'm right in the middle of the state.

This hobby can consume you. LOL!!!!!

Welcome

• Like 1

Thanks for the fast reply. I plan to start with at least 3 controllers so I will get the advanced software. i plan to build more every year.

So, for the CCRs I need different software?

i am starting this year with just the controllers i think but really want to use ccrs next year. They are very pricey so that is the determining factor.

I live about an hour or so away from you . i am just east of Hannibal, MO.

I don't think you really NEED the SuperStar for CCR's, but it does make sequencing a lot easier, or it does for me. I believe you can download a demo of superstar and play around with it, but I don't think you can export the sequence you create into the LOR editor. There are a lot of tutorial video's on LOR's website. That will really help.

Thanks again for the reply Indi. I will probably buy a ccr strip to play with so I can see how it works.

Anybody know if they accept American Express credit cards?

Just left the big sale. Bought 2 controllers and the advanced license starter kit. I'm ready to get started now.  :D

• Like 1