Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence download

Jeff Messer

I have an email from Brian with the code to the sequence. When I try to download it its get caught as Greybird virus from you. So I searched this out and its says you are trying to gain access to my machine. Not allowed and how do I get my sequences now?

Jeff

The installer is placing files onto your computer and your antivirus software is flagging the installer as a virus. It of course is not a virus. If your antivirus software gives the option to "download anyway" then choose that option. If you are not given the option to do that, you can disable your anti-virus software, install the sequences, and then enable the anti-virus software.

Which antivirus software are you using?

Got it Brian.. WOW I never saw so many flag fly up in front of me.. Funny thing was the first one did not do that.. BTW I get the free upgrade when you add the newest features right?

Jeff

Which sequence installed without problems, and which two were flagged as viruses?

You mention upgrades. New versions of the SuperStar Sequencer come out and those are free. The sequences do not get upgraded.

Rest ye Merry Gentlemen was good and no alerts the other two WIW and Christmas Canon got flagged big time and several times.

Undertsand SS getting the free upgrade but you should have a cost reduction if someone ownes one of the sequences and you upgrade or change it.

Jeff

Now I understand what you meant. If I update a sequence I will gladly let you download it again at no charge. I have done a few tweeks to some of them in the past, but nothing big enough that I ever thought of it as a full fledged update.

Also, which antivirus software are you using? Are you using Norton?

WOW... Had me a little worry. I did see you have been updating one of them I bought today and I like the effects you used. I am ready for it now.. Looked real good. Can wait for you to release them 

I am using Symantec Corporate Edition that caught it. MY AVG did not have an issue with it.

Jeff

Not sure why it would not flag "Rock Ye Merry Gentlemen", and yet it did flag the other two as being viruses. To prevent this in the future I need to get with Symantec and see if I can register my sequence installers so they will "white list" them and not flag them as a virus.