Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie with a dumb question

MikeMcduffie

I just recieved my starter kit today. YaY !!!! Its like christmas only way early. I have been playing with the software for about 2 1/2 years just trying to learn it, and in the process have made 6 sequances. I have been Reading the forums and searching with google but cant find this. My question is "is there a way to start a sequance half way thru to check the editing process without listening and watching the first half of it?"

Thanks in advance for yalls help.

Click at the point you want to start it and use the spacebar on your keyboard to start/stop it. 

Dang.... should have figured it was an easy one. Thanks for the fast response. This lil trick will no doubt save me tons of time :D

Under the play menu theres a couple ways to do it.  I use the play visible screen option as I will listen to the same few seconds quite a few times to get it perfect.  Theres play from selection, which does exactly that.  You select a timing and it will play from there.  

If you click and drag in the timeline at the top, you'll highlight a section of the song.  Hitting the spacebar will start/stop that section and you can edit all you want without without cancelling the selected section.  Click the timeline again to cancel or redrag a new spot.

You should've asked a long time ago.  Also helps to stay tuned to the forum, tips get mentioned once in awhile and may learn more shortcuts.  I'm preaching to myself as well, I just used the beat wizzard for the first time and kicking myself for not trying it sooner.

... I just used the beat wizzard for the first time and kicking myself for not trying it sooner.

Yeah - it's not like there's been anyone advocating that the past few years... ;)

• Like 1

Last year I mostly revamped my existing songs, so I stuck to my old way of doing things.  I never said I was the sharpest stick in the forums, probably one of the dullest!  :wacko: Especially with sequencing.

Under the play menu theres a couple ways to do it.  I use the play visible screen option as I will listen to the same few seconds quite a few times to get it perfect.  Theres play from selection, which does exactly that.  You select a timing and it will play from there.  

What software are you using to see your house like that? I am using S2 and I can't come close to making my visualizer look like that. Also How do you record it to show to others? Thanks for your help.

Hooked up my lor package to make sure she worked. Hooked up 16 strands of lights. All works perfect. Only proablem is now both my daughters (ages 7 and 9) want me to hook it all up in there room and run the sequences from now till christmas. LoL. The whole family is addicted to the flashy lights.

My first controller was allowed to exist on the floor of the tv room blinking and flashing merrily for about ten days before the ok get it out of here looks began... She also bought me a very nice set of headphones for no reason at all the day after I got the software.....