Light-O-Rama Forums

ripping audio from YouTube

dsz071

Is there a way to top audio from YouTube and make an mp3 to add to my display. I have a very specific piece of audio I want but can't find it anywhere except YouTube. It's from the Blackhawks winning the cup a couple years ago. I want to use it as an intro to Chelsea Dagger.

google, "youtube to mp3" - there are several websites that provide that service.  some for a fee and others for free.  good luck.

I use firefox download helper and then use format factory to convert the video to mp3 both tools are free.

I use youtube downloader, its a free app that allows you to take anything from youtube and put into any format you need including mp3

Many freeware programs will allow you to record from "line in". I simply run a patch cord from the Headphone to the Line-in jack and record that way.

Freemake is a great ripper. Ou just copy and paste the link into the program and then chose if you want an mp3, video file or whatever and then save it.

• Like 1

I use DVD VideoSoft's "Free YouTube to MP3 Converter", it's a free software for songs I can't locate anywhere {except YouTube} because they are now out of production and can no longer be bought.    DVDVideoSoft also allows you to download their FULL suite of FREE software for doing all sorts of things.    Been using their software for many years and have never had any issues with any of them.

I also use the "Free YouTube to MP3 Converter" just to get a song so I can start working on it until I can buy the actual song from sites like CDBaby or iTunes.

You can go to http://dvdvideosoft.com/and download VideoSofts full suite of 48 ABSOLUTELY FREE programs or just download any single program option you may want to use or try out.  Some may have nag screens for upgrading to a pay option, but I've been using the free ones for a long time, again, with no problems whatsoever, they have always worked very reliably for me.

I used the one that Orville suggested, imported then into audacity to combine them with the music track I wanted.... Turned it better than I expected. Awesome! Thanks again for the help. You guys rock!

And I was to understand that ripping music from anything other than a CD that you owned was considered pirating music. Or music that your purchase from a place like iTunes.

Edited by Max-Paul

And I was to understand that ripping music from anything other than a CD that you owned was considered pirating music.

In this case, however, it sounds like the OP wanted to rip a sample from a hockey game to use as an intro for a song that he presumably purchased.  This would most likely be considered fair use.

And I was to understand that ripping music from anything other than a CD that you owned was considered pirating music. Or music that your purchase from a place like iTunes.

Even ripping music from a CD you purchased can be considered "pirating" music.  Too many details to go into and it's been covered here numerous times on this and many other forums, so I'm not even going to get into all that here. 

But even though you may have bought the CD, you don't own the "content", in this case, "the music" recorded on the CD.

Edited by Orville

I would have to disagree with your statements Orville. I own the content to the extent that I can copy it over to my computer or my MP3 player. What I cant do is to loan it or make copies for you or anyone else. I cant use it to entertain others with it if I charge you to be able to listen to it (make money with it as the source of that income).

That is all I was asking about was ripping the audio from a hockey game to use as an intro to music I already own. I'm not even sure where I would start with trying to get a hold of a few seconds of audio from a 5 year old hockey game.

If it's a pro team, their website may have archived audio of past games, especially if it's playoff hockey.