Light-O-Rama Forums

Completed my "Lights" Website

Para

Hi all,

So ive finally completed the website to give my displays that little bit more and enable me / the community to be able to interact with each other on another level.

I would be very interested to hear any comments or suggestions anyone may have about it. I know there are still a couple of minor things i still need to do, but that only accounts for maybe 1%.... 99% of the site is good to go.

http://braggaboutthelights.com/

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Para

I just went through building my first website myself and have the following to offer:

1. If you would like to make it easier for your visitors to find your website on Google, go to this page.  This will increase your website visibility in Google.  I soon found that I was getting quite a few hits a day and we are "out of season" right now.
  2. Did you check your website on the major browsers i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Chrome?  I had to go back and make some changes because different browsers render web pages in different ways.  You might also view your website on the mobile platforms like iPhone, iPad, Chromebook; any mobile device.  I had a great countdown timer (like yours on the front page) only to find that it doesn't display on some mobile devices.
  3. Over all it is a great looking website that is easy to read and navigate.  Absolutely love the name!!

Since I got a chance to review your website, I'll return the favor and ask you to look at mine and offer feedback. 

Randy

Randy,

If you would like to make it easier for your visitors to find your website on Google, go to this page. This will increase your website visibility in Google.  I soon found that I was getting quite a few hits a day and we are "out of season" right now.

Thanks for the tips about google, you can never have too much traffic :)

Did you check your website on the major browsers i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Chrome?  I had to go back and make some changes because different browsers render web pages in different ways. You might also view your website on the mobile platforms like iPhone, iPad, Chromebook; any mobile device.  I had a great countdown timer (like yours on the front page) only to find that it doesn't display on
some mobile devices.

I looked at it in my cell and did notice that the timers didnt show up, i think its because they are in flash and droid doesnt support flash anymore. But i will be checking it with other browsers.

Absolutely love the name!!

lol thanks, it took me about 2 days to come up with it. Wanted something catchy and that could be used anywhere i moved to (since the Military has a bad habit of moving people :P). I figured it was fitting.

I'll return the favor and ask you to look at mine and offer feedback.

I took a like and i like it!. I like the fact that its not just a basic site but offers extras like the snow effect, an actual play schedule and list of songs to be played. I didn't even think about a FAQ section, probably because no-ones asked about the display i haven't displayed yet ;) lol.

I think ill be using some of the features you have implemented, that's if you dont mind of course.

Doug,

I love the name also and very nice site

Thanks, I tried to make the background a mixture of Halloween and Christmas without having one more dominant than the other.

Edited by Para

Hi Para,

Indeed you are correct about Flash being the mobile display culprit.  I decided I wanted a uniform experience for all of the visitors; that's why I put a different countdown timer on a separate page.  It is java based and easy to incorporate and works on all web platforms. 

Please feel free to copy anything you would like (ideas, sections, and such). 

On a separate note:  THANK YOU for your service to our country.  As one who "stood on the wall" for 8 years I know how difficult that life is at times and I am grateful for your service to protect our freedom!

Randy

• The topic was locked