Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble copying into LOR

bobschm

I have a sequence in Superstar and matching channels set up in an LOR sequence. From the tutorial, all I have to do is copy from my sup.lms file into the channels set up in LOR. When I select the sup.lms data and hit COPY, all the data vanishes from the display as if I hit CUT. Then of course nothing PASTEs into LOR.

The only hint I have is that when I initially load the sup.lms sequence into LOR, I get a message "Cannot get last modification time of music file..."

Oh, and the channels in LOR are generic DMX RGB strings, not CCRs. Whereas Superstar seems to only recognize CCRs. So any hints?

I will answer the second part because I also used 12 strings of DMX RGB pixels for a pixel tree last year.  I also created my strings in SuperStar as if they were CCRs and exported as such.  That produces 12 strings that each have 157 channels - 50 RGB pixels plus the macros.  I simply copied the 150 channels of string 1 and pasted it onto string 1 of my DMX string.  Then repeat for each of the 12 strings.  Only took a couple minutes to copy all 12 strings.

I'm not sure what you are doing to get the result you are describing in your first part.

Good hint, Jim. Apparently trying to copy all the strings at once caused the fault. Breaking the strings open and copying 150 channels at a time works fine.

Let the games begin!