Light-O-Rama Forums

Dident receive Liscens key.

ronnier9646

Got my controller and starter kit but no Liscens key. No one will answer me at the help desk and every time I call they transfer me and then it magically hangs up. HELP HELP

did you get a cd with the kit? if not keep calling they are very good at helping out

Yes got the CD installed it (I don't have Internet) and when I launch the sequence editor it says it's in registered

Easiest way to retrieve your license IS via Internet.  Then just copy and paste it into your LOR software.  But not having internet service does make this a little more complicated.

However, you can do it over the phone by using the register off-line option, which I believe requires you to call an automated? system that will tell you what your license key is, but since I've not used it, I'm not sure how it works, but still seem to think someone told me it still required some type of internet connection to work.     As LOR does not send your license key with the or on the CD anywhere to my knowledge.  

And I don't know if they have an option to "text" your license key to a cell phone at this time.  

Hopefully if somone else knows how the off-line registration option flowss, will be able to further annswer your question and help you get you software licensed.

Edited by Orville

Check your SPAM filters and Spam mailbox.  You should have an email from LOR the same day of your purchase if you bought it from LOR with your regsitration key in there.  It will come even before your order is shipped.

Check your SPAM filters and Spam mailbox.  You should have an email from LOR the same day of your purchase if you bought it from LOR with your regsitration key in there.  It will come even before your order is shipped.

The OP states he doesn't have internet service on his computer.  Not sure if he would get it on his iphone, but would think so if he has e-mail service on it, but since I don't have an iphone or a cell phone with internet service I don't know how that would work as the registration process usually requires the SOFTWARE to link back to LOR via internet to establish a valid licnense was issued.

So I'm not sure if LOR has a way to establish a valid license without some form of internet connection to the PC the software is installed on.

There is a link on the software page you can always go to and request that the email your license key to the email address of record for your purchase. You should get it in a few minutes.

There is an off line registration process for computers that don't have Internet. The software generates a challenge string that you put into the off line registration page along with the license key. The generated response key should unlock the appropriate license level. It should all work through an iPhone.

The offline registration method that was mentioned requires a second computer that (1) is connected to the internet and (2) has LOR installed on it, so your phone won't be able to do it.  If you have such a computer available, then you can register on the offline machine by clicking on the "Need to register offline? Click here" link at the bottom of the registration dialog.  It will then step you through what you need to do,

If you do not have such a computer available, or if you run into problems with the offline registration process, call Light-O-Rama at 518-539-9000 and they'll get you registered.