Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Sequence Question

Para

Morning all,

I'm currently at work and don't have access to the software so I'm not sure if this is irrelevant or not ...

When it comes to "boys and their toys" I think it's pretty safe to say no-one ever read the instructions, they jump straight in and gets hands on until they hit a point where they are either required or strongly feel the need to read the instructions. I am most certainly at this point lol.

I feel I have a basic understanding of how the sequencing software works at the very basic level, but I know there is so much more I need to learn so i decided to start reading the manual, cover to cover. I came across the Superstar Sequencing section that says it is a frontend for the sequence editor which allows you to create sequences visually rather than channel versus time grid.

My question is can it be used for regular lights or is it primarily for CCR. What I have read so far seems to suggest it is mainly for CCR so I'm a little confused. I've searched the forums and haven't really found any crazy additional info on this (I'm guessing because it's still pretty new), but I was wondering if anyone had some kind of in-depth/semi-in-depth tutorial on what it is used form how to use it and any tips & tricks associated with it.

Thanks in advance.

I used the Super Star instant sequence to create an easy sequence for a really fast song on my regular LOR controllers. After doing that I edit the sequence to the way I liked it. I'm always tweaking my sequences. But where the Superstar really shines in with the CCR's, CCB's and CCP's. But that's my option. Last year was my first year of doing this. There will be a lot of folks here that will be able to give you more and better advise than me. 

http://vimeo.com/53781910

Look at this video. I don't remember what all is in it since I looked at it some time ago.

I am currently in the process of sequencing a 64 Channel Mega tree with the SSE. Makes chases real easy.

All you really have to do is import your visualization into the Superstar program and then sequence away. You may need to copy your existing vis file and name it say "Superstar Visualization.lee". Then just move stuff around on that copy to get the sequencing grid to line up like you want it to. Make sure and do a test sequence with each element on at different times. the reason is to check the imported file (test_vis.sup.lms) to make sure how it imports the effects into the channel grid. If all lines up with your LOR channel config., then you're all good. Play around with it a bit and see how it goes.

Ron