Light-O-Rama Forums

2013 Sneak Preview

George Simmons

I've made a few changes to this year's setup and have posted a video for people who have nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

Thanks for 75redman for suggesting this tune for the sequencing contest.

https://vimeo.com/61500455

Edited by George Simmons

Very nice George. I love the mini tree's that have the ability to scroll up and down. Pixels I'm guessing?

Thanks guys.

Actually, the mini trees are in the front.  The ones in back, as currently planned, range from 4-6 ft tall.  (90% off at Wally World with lots of inventory turned into a garage full of artificial trees this year.)  At present, I'm planning on CCBs strung over M6 LEDs, but the developing market for pixels with C9 covers definitely has my attention.  Sharon and I both love the look of CCBs, but she's a big fan of the huge price difference in favor of DIY covered pixels.

Very nice George despite your snippit about the Twinkles and Shimmers..impressive work, as always!

Thanks for 75redman for suggesting this tune for the sequencing contest.

Your welcome George.  As usual, your display looks great.  I too, will be using this song in my display this year. I think all the kids will like it! ;)

Your welcome George.  As usual, your display looks great.  I too, will be using this song in my display this year. I think all the kids will like it! ;)

Thanks for the kind words.  I went through a couple different evolutions with that song. The first time I listened after you posted it I really wasn't impressed very much.  I thought the lyrics were absurd.  But I did note how easy it would be to sequence.  Then, a couple weeks later I went back to that contest thread to check on something and on a lark I listened to it again and started to like it because there's really a lot there to work with.  But I still thought the lyrics were absurd.  I got it edited down to where I liked it and as I started working with it, I couldn't get it out of my head.  (Between that and Brian's contest song I think I might have been close to losing it...)  By the time I got finished sequencing a couple days later I was definitely edging closer to not liking it again.  But it was done, and I quickly put it in the closet and closed the door.  And then, the next time I spoke with my daughter (grandkids age 6 & 4) she assured me that almost every kid would indeed love it.  So now I guess I like it again.  (But I'm still gonna leave it in  the closet until setup. 

My advice is to make sure you have another song lined up to work on immediately after you finish Gummy Bear so you can quickly flush that ridiculous tune out of your brain.  

I am trying to avoid listening to it too many times because if I do then I will have to have it.  **looks away**

• The topic was locked