Light-O-Rama Forums

How to build pin wheel

goduke21

Check these:

Great idea! Did you ever consider bolting/zipping another "layer" of pipe to the back layers so that the lights are all the same distance from the viewers? Or, is the difference unnoticable from a distance?

You guys did not crack the PVC when you drilled through it.

The PVC didn't crack while drilling, but I DID manage to crack one by tightening the bolt a bit too much.

Great idea! Did you ever consider bolting/zipping another "layer" of pipe to the back layers so that the lights are all the same distance from the viewers? Or, is the difference unnoticable from a distance?

Completely unnoticeable in the dark.

That is exactly how I did it too.   You don't notice the difference from a few feet away let alone from a distance.

They're one of the many flavors of dripping snowflake bulbs.  13" length, C7 base.  I got them at Menards three seasons ago.  Great starburst effect, but they start losing synch in the second pass.  Kind of a one-trick pony, but nice eye-candy for only costing one channel.

Wish I had seen this a few years back. Although my arms are more like 3' long and have installed individual LEDs, 16 per arm. I ended up making a wooden hub and pipe clamps (two hole type). I like how you guys did it. Wont have to worry about the wood rotting out.