Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for software upgrade advice

roy a guldenpfennig

I have 1.6.9 version software, which has never been renewed, and one controller. This year I'm looking to purchase a mini director and another controller. However, in the further i hope to add even more controllers which i believe will require an up grade at least to S2 software. My question to everybody is how much of an upgrade is cost effective? I do have some hopes of getting into DMX and even SUPERSTAR, however not for a couple of years, one step at a time. Would it be less expensive to jump all the way to the highs software level now or go a little slower with more upgrade steps?

Thanks for any advice,

The oldest newbie, ROY :rolleyes:

Hi Roy,

All users of LOR 1.X software got a free license for the LOR 2.x software (at the Advanced license level.)  Go ahead and submit a ticket to the LOR Helpdesk who can get your license situation cleared up. That will get you to the LOR 2.x level of software. I don't know what the fee will be to go to LOR 3, but I imagine you'll need to 'renew' the license for $29.

If you have plans to use Superstar Sequence Editor then you would need to purchase only the SSE license, (once you get to S2) as that will renew your overall license, and allow you to run S3. (And the $29 fee above wouldn't apply if you got the SSE license.)

DON,

Thanks! Helpful advice, the LOR HELPDESK was very helpful with a lot of option for my specific case.

Oldest newbie, ROY