Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Directors

DerrickHoffland

Has anyone received a Mini Director yet? I thought originally on the website it stated that they were going to ship in Aug, and now it says Sept. Could be wrong, though.

I am interested in the quality of the audio I will get from the mini. Last year I had issues with my FM broadcast quality when I kicked off my display. I thought I had a problem with my transmitter but it turned out to be a computer issue. I had sequenced and tested on my main desktop. For running the show, however, I transferred it to an older computer. I thought something had gone bad in the transmitter, but it was actually that the older computer audio was off the mother board. You couldn't notice it in the computer speakers or headphones, but it was horribly bad through a high quality car stereo. I put a cheap SoundBlaster board in the old computer and it improved, but it still wasn't great.

I am not sure what to expect from the Mini Directors I have on order. Has anyone played with one in conjunction with a FM transmitter?

Guest wbottomley

DerrickHoffland wrote:

Has anyone received a Mini Director yet? I thought originally on the website it stated that they were going to ship in Aug, and now it says Sept. Could be wrong, though.

I am interested in the quality of the audio I will get from the mini. Last year I had issues with my FM broadcast quality when I kicked off my display. I thought I had a problem with my transmitter but it turned out to be a computer issue. I had sequenced and tested on my main desktop. For running the show, however, I transferred it to an older computer. I thought something had gone bad in the transmitter, but it was actually that the older computer audio was off the mother board. You couldn't notice it in the computer speakers or headphones, but it was horribly bad through a high quality car stereo. I put a cheap SoundBlaster board in the old computer and it improved, but it still wasn't great.

I am not sure what to expect from the Mini Directors I have on order. Has anyone played with one in conjunction with a FM transmitter?

I use the regular MP3 director and had "NO" problems at all. I am very well pleased with it and would not switch back to a computer.

My 2 cents worth!:cool:

I too have a MP3 director and would not switch either. Connecting the audio output to the input of the FM transmitter was all that was required to make it transmit out.

I did not have any issues with the quality of the broadcast.