Light-O-Rama Forums

128 Channel LOR Matrix Complete Might Be For Sale

Shubb

I know it's an odd Title, but I'm not sure if I am going to sell it.  I have decided not to use it in my show anymore, it's been used 3 times and time to change it up.

So before I break it down I thought I would look and see if someone is interested in buying the whole set up.

Details:

The matrix is made up of 16 poles 8 feet tall with 8 channels on each pole.

Each channel is 50 count white mini's, commercial grade. I have some spare sets also.

3/4" PVC pipe with metal brackets that attached to the house for support.

The controllers are LOR CTB-16PC with HD heat sinks.  All were purchased assembled from LOR and are mounted in custom enclosures that hold 4 controllers each.

Cords are black SPT-1 with female vampire plugs made to length for each pole.

The cords are long enough for the controllers to sit about 4 feet behind the matrix.

Each controller enclosure has 2 input power cords that power 2 controllers each.

Controllers are daisy chained together inside each enclosure.

The matrix was used for 3 years.  Very little load on each controller. Only 50 mini's each channel.  I had the whole setup running on one extension cord.

All lights and controllers are in perfect working order.

Set-up is very easy. My wife and I can set it up in about 4 hours.

Do to the size and weight I don't think it is something that could easily be packed and shipped, so I would rather sell to a local enthusiast.  If someone is interested I will show them how to assemble and wire as well as share my sequencing configuration for the matrix. 

Here is a link to one of the controllers, the second is the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h23bcsql41n4x1t/aeixDfSKOL

Here is a video a visitor uploaded that shows the matrix in action.

Scrolling text is at the 1:10 mark.  Graphic EQ at 4:57 and Pong at 5:47

Pong is hard to see since it is behind the mega tree, but you get the idea.

I have a rough idea of a price, if someone is local and interested send me a message and we can discuss it.  If nobody is interested then I may break down the controllers and sell them separate.

Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

Scott

My display plans are complete for this coming year and I'm on the other side of the country, but I am interested in maybe building a controller box like that. You wouldn't have a how-to and/or plans and material list would you? Would you be willing to share?

Thanks,

Ron

You wouldn't have a how-to and/or plans and material list would you? Would you be willing to share?

Thanks,

Ron

I wouldn't mind sharing the build plans.  It was actually a very simple 2 step build.

Step 1:  Locate a reputable plastics shop and give them rough measurements for enclosure idea.

Step 2:  Wait for shop to complete assembly of enclosures.

On a serious note:

Rough dimensions are 17" wide 8 1/2" tall and 8 1/2" deep.  The legs sit up about 8 inches and bolt to the side.

The 4 controllers mount back to back with stand off's.

They are made out of ABS plastic.

The enclosures were assembled with slide out fronts for easy access.  This was really nice for the initial set-up, but not good for a sealed enclosure.  On the new batch I am doing it a little different.  Instead of a slide front, I am going to have a screw on front with a water tight gasket.  Also, I am planning on the front cover being longer to cover the plugs.  This will help keeping water out and make a "neater" enclosure.

Scott

I know it's an odd Title, but I'm not sure if I am going to sell it.  I have decided not to use it in my show anymore, it's been used 3 times and time to change it up.

So before I break it down I thought I would look and see if someone is interested in buying the whole set up.

Details:

The matrix is made up of 16 poles 8 feet tall with 8 channels on each pole.

Each channel is 50 count white mini's, commercial grade. I have some spare sets also.

3/4" PVC pipe with metal brackets that attached to the house for support.

The controllers are LOR CTB-16PC with HD heat sinks.  All were purchased assembled from LOR and are mounted in custom enclosures that hold 4 controllers each.

Cords are black SPT-1 with female vampire plugs made to length for each pole.

The cords are long enough for the controllers to sit about 4 feet behind the matrix.

Each controller enclosure has 2 input power cords that power 2 controllers each.

Controllers are daisy chained together inside each enclosure.

The matrix was used for 3 years.  Very little load on each controller. Only 50 mini's each channel.  I had the whole setup running on one extension cord.

All lights and controllers are in perfect working order.

Set-up is very easy. My wife and I can set it up in about 4 hours.

Do to the size and weight I don't think it is something that could easily be packed and shipped, so I would rather sell to a local enthusiast.  If someone is interested I will show them how to assemble and wire as well as share my sequencing configuration for the matrix. 

Here is a link to one of the controllers, the second is the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h23bcsql41n4x1t/aeixDfSKOL

Here is a video a visitor uploaded that shows the matrix in action.

Scrolling text is at the 1:10 mark.  Graphic EQ at 4:57 and Pong at 5:47

Pong is hard to see since it is behind the mega tree, but you get the idea.

I have a rough idea of a price, if someone is local and interested send me a message and we can discuss it.  If nobody is interested then I may break down the controllers and sell them separate.

Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

Scott

what about sharing the sequence and MP3?

I no one is willing to take the whole kit and kaboodle I would be interested in some controllers. :)

I will keep that in mind.  I am going to wait until after summer to part it out if it doesn't find a new home.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

I had an identical matrix. It is being replaced with RGB pixels.

Since nobody local wanted it and I had no use for the clear minis, it went to the county dump yesterday. It does free up 8 controllers.

• The topic was locked