Light-O-Rama Forums

What is a good screen capture program?

Box on Rails

I just downloaded a free trail of a screen capture program. I am not happy with the fact that it's frame rate is so slow that all the mouth effects of the singing faces are not captured so it looks like a bad sequence missing movements. what is the best capture program out there?

this was using Snagit. 

If you want a copy of the sequence to see the deference give me your email and I'll send you a copy. I know there has got to be a better capture program out there.

Edited by Box on Rails

Well, okay.

Feel free to ignore my response. :)

sorry I didn't see your response before that last post. I like the Snagit program for it easy of use. It's capture rate is slow so that's all I would change.

No worries. We posted right about the same time.

I've not had any displays using mouth movements, so the slight lag hasn't really been an issue for me. I can see how with mouth movements the lag would be detrimental.

i use jing by techsmith. It is free for up to a 5 minute capture. 

i also use screen cast o matic. I paid for that so i can make multiple hour recordings. it also has ability to annotate and draw on the recordings.

I just downloaded a free trail of a screen capture program. I am not happy with the fact that it's frame rate is so slow that all the mouth effects of the singing faces are not captured so it looks like a bad sequence missing movements. what is the best capture program out there?

I know what your sayin'........ I have tried a few of those programs with the same results,  My computer guru told me most of the issues stem from not having a high enough horse power video card .....He recommended a video card that gamers use for around $1200 and said that should solve the problem.............For $1200 I'll put up with the slow frame rate (LOL)

I know what your sayin'........ I have tried a few of those programs with the same results,  My computer guru told me most of the issues stem from not having a high enough horse power video card .....He recommended a video card that gamers use for around $1200 and said that should solve the problem.............For $1200 I'll put up with the slow frame rate (LOL)

$1200.. wowI could spend that kinda money on DMX gear. I guess I figured if the LOR viewer plays at a good rate without an expensive Vid card so should a captured video. I'll give every program offered up here a try and see what works best. thanks everyone. 

Ok so I tried them all Camstudio and still getting the same problem and it is not the video card it is as i suspected the capture rate. 9 FPS. when the screen video I'm trying to capture plays at 25 +FPS something is going to be left out. so I am on a quest to find a program that will let you set the Capture frame rate and my first stop will be Adobe. to be cont....

A good video card for what your looking for will be in the 200-300 range.  You do not need that kind of rendering power for what we do.  My PC has 2 High Power video cards in it, my old PC did not and the software I use worked on the old one just fine.

$1200.. wowI could spend that kinda money on DMX gear. I guess I figured if the LOR viewer plays at a good rate without an expensive Vid card so should a captured video. I'll give every program offered up here a try and see what works best. thanks everyone. 

Please let us know what you find out ......

The one I posted can capture upto 30 fps in HD

BB FLASHBACK.....thats the last one I tried ..........with the same fps slow result ...BUT i did the free version.did you purchase yours?  Maybe the free ones don't do as well as the ones that are purchased???

I've used this software called ALL MY TUBE and it's fantastic, use the download button or copy and paste the url... and then it will convert to mp3 and many other formats. Will rip audio out of the video @ 128 kbps not sure about the bit  rate but it worked on my first lor test run. I still ran em all thru audacity to be safe. Another is Wondershare Video converter, same thing dowoloads converts and has editing capabilities....used this last halloween to make DVDS for the projector  (rear projections)

if your OS is win7 or win8 there is the "snipping tool" program and its already installed on your computer, it doesn't do video but I use this all the time

Edited by PMC