Light-O-Rama Forums

New to CCR. Having issues

Brian Mitchell

Ok. I got a CCR for Xmas and am now trying to use it.

I set it up in the HU according to the instructions and it works in the HU

I Downloaded a Demo sequence

When I open up the sequencer the status LED continues to flash

Sequence and CCR are both set to unit 01

Sequencer and HU are both using comm 4 (no I dont have the HU open at the same time as sequencer)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Suddenly I'm a rookie again.

Bri

Ok. I got a CCR for Xmas and am now trying to use it.

I set it up in the HU according to the instructions and it works in the HU

I Downloaded a Demo sequence

When I open up the sequencer the status LED continues to flash

Sequence and CCR are both set to unit 01

Sequencer and HU are both using comm 4 (no I dont have the HU open at the same time as sequencer)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Suddenly I'm a rookie again.

Bri

When you open the Sequence Editor (and from here out will assume you don't have the two open at once) the box in the lower right side of the SE should turn blue (I think it's blue) if you have the RS485 adapater connected. This means that the SE is able to establish a connection with the RS485, thus your devices. If it's blue, then your CCR controller should not be flashing (if hooked up correctly, of course.)

I would imagine you have, but have you tested with a regular controller, just to make sure everything is working as expected? That would also help narrow down where the issue might be. If the controller goes solid, then there might be an issue with the CCR controller. If the controller flashes as well, then something else is going on.

Also, I can't remember if this will affect things (and don't have anything at the house to test with right now) but is Control Lights checked in the "Play" menu? That might have an effect on things as well.

[Note: Added some extra stuff in there to help others who may have the same problem in the future.]

wow you learn something new everday, I never noticed the box in the lower right corner being red or blue until now.I always looked at the bulb.

So, narrowing this down a bit.  It seems to be a problem in the sequencer.  I also just get a flashing light with a regular LOR box.   Other thanPreferences/Network Preferences, I don't know where to look.

Yes, control lights is checked.

I have Version 3.9

recently upgraded from 3.1

Edited by Brian Mitchell

Brian make a new sequence and add the neccesary rgb channels,set the unit id to one again and the paint the demo sequence into the new one

So, narrowing this down a bit.  It seems to be a problem in the sequencer.  I also just get a flashing light with a regular LOR box.   Other thanPreferences/Network Preferences, I don't know where to look.

Yes, control lights is checked.

I have Version 3.9

recently upgraded from 3.1

Recently LOR introduced a stand-alone network config utility. Look for "Light-O-Rama Network Configuration" in the LOR folder (of your start menu) or the LOR Control Panel. That said, if things are working in the HWU, then not working in the SE, well, that's not something I think I've seen before. I'd say take a run through the Network Config, just to make sure everything 'looks' right.

Let me ping some other minds and see what they think.

This problem is still unresolved.  I have a blue light in the sequencer but the controller is still not communicating. Flashing LED.

Sorry, got busy today.

When you have the SE open, make sure the LOR Control Panel isn't open at the same time. (Even if shows are disabled, go ahead and close out the Control Panel.)

Might want to also check the network configuration for the COM port, and make sure the speed is set to 57.6k.

Finally, disconnect everything. Power to the controller, USB adapter, etc. Then connect power to the controller, *then* the USB adapter to the computer, then fire up the SE.

When you are in the SE, click on PLAY and make sure the "Control Lights" is checked.  I had that happen to me once.