Light-O-Rama Forums

Quick question, easy answer

Herbaclaus

Ok so I am learning SS and this last year got comfortable with Sequencing in a normal multi channel mode.

In SS, I cannot seem to figure out if there is a setting that will scroll the top display along on the timeline as the music is running.

So...for example, if I am looking at a segment up top thats in the 1-10 second range and keep it running, the timing bar doesnt scroll forward like it does in the sequencer. What am I missing here?

Herb

You are not missing anything. In SuperStar the time scale does not scroll with the music and there is no setting to make it do so. Because SuperStar is animating the screen as you play, it cannot do that and scroll the time scale at the same time or else it lags.

On a related note, however, if you press the "Play All" button and then stop the song by pressing "Play All" again, the cursor comes back to where you started.

If you press the "Play All" button and then stop the song by pressing the "Stop" button, the time scale will move to a place that is close to where you stopped the song.

Hmmm. Ok. I actually have the opposite need. I will play a song forward and want to have a reasonable period of time watching it and be able to to the timings.

Might be nice addition down the road.

Great application though.

I just watched tutorials for moving the sequence over to the sequencer.