Light-O-Rama Forums

power supply

bizket666

no sure this is in the right place?

i have the sandevices e682 on order i have also orded 4x 5m pixel strips

im thinking of getting 2 more 5m strips what power supply/12v transformer would be best for the job im planning on splitting the strips up so i have 16 seprate strips in total.

thanks fore any help

no sure this is in the right place?

i have the sandevices e682 on order i have also orded 4x 5m pixel strips

im thinking of getting 2 more 5m strips what power supply/12v transformer would be best for the job im planning on splitting the strips up so i have 16 seprate strips in total.

thanks fore any help

You can use 8 x 5 metre 12vdc 2811 strips per 350 watt power supply, so that may be a good rated power supply for you

From the description of the "General Decorating Questions" forum:

Questions about other lighting technologies should go here as well.

And from the Forum Guidelines:

The primary rule in these forums is that there be no personal attacks for lack of knowledge, spelling, grammar or anything. People of all knowledge levels and whose primary language may not be English must be comfortable posting here.

The responses that go against this forum guideline have been removed.

twas not an attack on a person. Just pointing out that if you want to go somewhere on the internet and you type a mistake in the URL it will not work. It appeared to me that the poster has a problem with typing.

Now edvas, you know what they say about "assuming"? I cant speak for you in this manner, but please do not speak for me. I never said anything about spelling in the removed post. I said "typos" which means that you know how to spell, but you mistakingly hit the wrong key on the keyboard.

Edited by Max-Paul

Now edvas, you know what they say about "assuming"? I cant speak for you in this manner, but please do not speak for me. I never said anything about spelling in the removed post. I said "typos" which means that you know how to spell, but you mistakingly hit the wrong key on the keyboard.

You have seen how bad i can spell and how bad my typo mistakes are, im hopeless at both and first to admit it  :)  but you effectively did the same thing and 'assumed' that the OP made a mistake based on his typos in his post. So its assumptions that get us in trouble sometimes as we are using text and text in itself leaves a lot of assumptions because you never get to see the facial expressions that normally would help us understand the context of what is being said or asked. :D