Light-O-Rama Forums

multiple visualizers running on same sequence?

gc75067

is it possible?  i may be a little crazy taking something this "big" on for my first time with LOR but right now we have a couple of neighbors in our culdesac that are thinking about having us control their lights for Christmas 2013.  what i am hoping to be able to do is tie and view multiple visualizers to one sequence so that i can show the neighbors the big picture of their houses included.   if not, is there some way to do a panoramic view or something like that that would work in visualizer to be able to do something like this?

edit: hoping for all 7 houses to be involved, pretty sure that 3 houses are in, but i imagine 4-5 will actually go for it... i hope :)

Edited by gc75067

is it possible? 

In a word, no. But what you could do is run the same musical sequences with different .lee files, and adjust each house accordingly. That's about the best you can do. The only other thing you can do is have a huge picture of all the houses and then adjust the picture size down to a managable level, but it's going to look very "cramped" doing it that way, probably doing the multiple .lee files would be a better way.

I've never tried it, but I know you can use a second PC to run Visualizer (driven from SE on another computer). I'm betting you could run a third or fourth set up the same way, if you have that much PC hardware available.

We have a 'UDP Splitter' that can be used to take a single stream of data from the SE and push it into 2 separate streams (for 2 separate visualizers).  However it is NOT officially supported.  There is a message here on this forum about it.