Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Thanks

indi

I would like to thank everyone on here for all the help and advise for this past Christmas Show. It was my first and I don't know if I could have pulled it for without all the help I got from here.   I plan to expand for this coming year, and I know I will need more help.  Again, I would like to say a big thank you.

Hey - I'm just down the road in Rolla.  Glad that you had a successful first year.  Maybe I can run up and check it out next year.  Got any videos?

LORiP

I've noticed you post before and was thinking the same about heading to Rolla and see yours. I have no videos, I have a small yard and getting too old to crawl around on my roof this year, so I have to come up with a different show this year. I've also thought about heading to St. Louis and look at a few that are there. I know I've got the bug pretty bad, when I was thinking that the 2 foot diam. oak tree needs to come down as it blocks my display. HA!!!!!!!! It's amazing what some of these people dream up for thier shows. I plan on getting into the smart RGB's this year. Just waiting to see if I can pick them up on sale.

• 2 weeks later...

indi,

seasonalentertainmentllc.com has a presale going on now and you might be able to get a good deal on some rgb strings.  he has quite a few options.  may save you a couple of bucks.

you can also look at aliexpress.  i've never gotten anything from them but there is alot of guys on here that shop them pretty regularly.  if you can find something you like then create a post with a link to it and ask if anyone has gotten it and has anyone have any advice.  its good to have someone who can tell you good item or stay away.

as far as crawling on the roof you need to find a couple of teenagers that live close or are related and get them to help.  my daughter had a couple of her guy friend help me out and they really think its cool to come over and tell their friends that they helped.  its amazing how they beam with pride when a little kid thinks its so cool.   its amazing how much they'll work for pizza and hot chocolate.