Light-O-Rama Forums

Wish List - Convert Multi-Point Single Bulbs to pixels

bob_moody

I have a prop I created of our MERRY CHRISTMAS sign. In its past life it was 14 letters, each letter was laid out in a 5x7 dot matrix pattern (for example the letter M was 17 bulbs), for a total of 216 bulbs (i think that was the total count) ... Each letter was controlled by a channel in LOR.

We are converting the sign to use 26mm pixels instead of bulbs and with the P2 controller I can control each pixel, in each letter in 2 DMX universes.

Now for the wish list.

I wish I could select for example the fixture for the letter M and have a third channel type RGB-Pixels

This would expand the assigned channels to the number of points (times 3 for RGB) 

The user could then setup by selecting DEVICE as DMX, setting the Net/Univ and the Circ/Addr fields on the first pixel and Virtualizer would auto fill the rest of the channels.

So, in the case of the M with 17 points, it would create 51 entries in the assigned chanel list using the assigned Universe and starting and sequentially filling in the channel numbers. If the user selected channel 1, then it would fill/create channels 1 through 51.

In a perfect world, if the user selected RGB-Pixels then the program would auto select DMX as the device type.

1. This could be useful for any user that wants to convert from strings to pixels

2. I created my letters using LOR Object creator by scanning images of dot matrix letters. It created the points for me. I then brought these into Visualizer and built my prop. This wish list item could be useful in any LOC created object.

Oh.. and could I have this by the end of the week? I really didnt want to have to recreate the sign... LOL

(okay, its not that hard, just pull in the existing prop and lay new single pixel bulbs over each dot then delete the original prop... but still... )

Bob

Ken,

Thanks for the feedback, but I dont think we are on the same page.

I'm wishing for a software update to convert multi-point single bulb fixtures into indivdually addressable pixels...

Bob

or the ability to lay out a string of pixels that arent CCR/CCP based.  Then you can use it to draw as you need.

I'll add this to the 'pixel requests' I have. 

So I guess an update by Friday is out? :D

Thanks for looking Mike

Bob

My intent was to create letters in sub-sequences then bring the letters up as you need them in your display.

26 sub-sequences would give you the alphabet to use whever you want in your sequence.