Light-O-Rama Forums

An Idea for Giving

rainyoregonchristmas

In the past few weeks I have seen the desire to give swell and explode on the forums. Though most has been good, there have been a few shadows lurking behind the scenes that have tainted the joy. I'd like to suggest we take a step beyond all of the trouble and attempt to refocus our efforts.

How you might ask, well I'm taking a stab and suggesting that we might also channel our efforts to give to the Newbie Family Controller Fund. ItsMeBobO has orchestrated it for the last two years and it has been a wonderful bright spot in the forums. If you still have mounds of lights, mini trees, used controllers, mini directors, CCR's, CCB's, or even custom sequences you have done, just lying around why not donate them to the cause. How cool would it be to give several complete setups to Newbie Families through the "Newbie Family Controller Fund."

As a recipient of a scholarship from last year, I know I will be donating this year. I have felt very blessed and like many have said, now I have to pay it forward. ItsMeBobO has no idea I'm giving this plug, so I hope it's OK, but how could something good like this be bad? So what do you all think? Do you want to get on board and continue all "Paying It Forward?"

-RainyOregonChristmas

Never heard of it.... sounds interesting for sure. More info would be good.

PD, what haven't you heard of? The Newbie Family Controller fund?

People on the forum donate money to the fund that IMBO collects. Newbie's (without a controller) give their story and usually a nice family picture as to why they should be the recipient of a controller.. I'm not sure who actually votes to declare the winner(s) but I think its great to get more people involved, and for those of us who may be more fortunate financially, an opportunity to give back to the community. :)

Link to last years thread which links the prior year in the first post.

More info will be posted in its own thread. This year I hope to get started a little sooner so it will conclude before the summer sale.

I had no idea... Very cool indeed.

I have to be honest, when I read this the first time I didn't know if it was tongue in cheek or real.. I am very glad it is real.

I pledge $200 to the fund.. BobO, can you PM me about how to do this please?

Craig

I suppose I could put my $$ where my mouth is...BobO PM me also for directions to give a Benjamin...so Craig and I have got the first controller covered..nicely done Plasma and we are off to a good start in 13'

I had no idea... Very cool indeed.

I have to be honest, when I read this the first time I didn't know if it was tongue in cheek or real.. I am very glad it is real.

I pledge $200 to the fund.. BobO, can you PM me about how to do this please?

Craig

I suppose I could put my $$ where my mouth is...BobO PM me also for directions to give a Benjamin...so Craig and I have got the first controller covered..nicely done Plasma and we are off to a good start in 13'

WOW!

Way to go guys.

You guy rock. Good form, Good form.

You 2 PMC

Wow, look what I get when I sleep for a few hours and don't check the forums.   We already have a controller and software upgrade!  ItsMeBobO, thanks for posting the link, I should have remembered to do that.  With one starter kit down this early were getting a real hefty start and should really have a good chance to bless a lot of families.  Thanks Guys!   Lets keep it rolling.

Bobo... can you confirm itsmebobo at yahoo dot com for paypal

Yes that is correct.  You guys are getting ahead of me.     Will try to start the actual thread for newbie fund soon.

Yes that is correct.  You guys are getting ahead of me.     Will try to start the actual thread for newbie fund soon.

There they go.. I must go after them.. for I am their leader!   :D

Let me know when its okay to send, if we need to wait or if we can fire away!

Hey.. Dont forget me.. Hit me with a reminder as I dont read all the posts on here. I am in at 200 bucks if needed. That's what I get for half butt reading the post..... LOL Everyone have a great weekend as I sequence my first RGB pixel's... I am so Pumped.....

Jeff Messer

Can we donate a controller? I was thinking of selling a few. Might as well see if I can donate a controller while I'm at it...

Good weekend to you too Jeff & good luck on that new sequencing project!! Be sure to send me a copy.....

Can we donate a controller? I was thinking of selling a few. Might as well see if I can donate a controller while I'm at it...

Its really up to ItsMeBobO as he is the spearhead of the fund, but that was part of my hope when I brought up the Newbie Family Controller Fund.  I just saw the desire to give and thought it would be great to channel that effort through an established outlet.  I'm not trying to hijack the original intent of the fund by suggesting we add the donation of hard goods in addition to or in lieu of cash, but hey, if you're like me a controller is a controller, lights are lights, used or not I'm sure many would be happy to have one. So ItsMeBobO, what do you say, would it be too much trouble for us to add the donation of hard goods too?   If you think it's ok, I'll even step up and say that when the fund gets fully up and running I'll cover the shipping cost for a controller or a carton of lights from its original owner directly to the selected candidate as a part of my paying it forward.

-RainyOregonChristmas

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

Good weekend to you too Jeff & good luck on that new sequencing project!! Be sure to send me a copy.....

Will do Sir. I will chat soon with you buddy.

Jeff

I will match any donations made here over the next 24 hours up to total of $250.00. So even smaller amounts will add up.

Please PM how you would like to get the money.

All of ya'll rock. I have been the benficiary of So much good will here. Giving back is easy.....