Light-O-Rama Forums

From the Newbie...again! Sound level question

Premier

Okay, still haven't ordered my stuff, will probably wait until Summer Sale, so I can't use the show Builder or Editor other than a demo mode, but as I sit here sequencing another track a question popped into my head maybe someone can answer for me before I get to far into this....

Volume levels on my audio files all differ, some soft, some pretty loud, is there a feature in the show builder or show editor ( or somewhere else?? )that allows for me to adjust different volume outputs/input levels on a per track/audio file basis? I am planning on doing a FM transmitter for this year, but I don;t want people in their cars having to constantly turn the volume up and down throughout the show. Suggestions??? or do I have to run all my audio files through a audio program and try to re-adjust all the levels manually myself and save new audio files?

I wonder if that might also help my choice in music? :D :D

No no George. Im a fan of your music choices as random as they seem to be. Im sure there is a method behind the madness, or is it madness without reason? Every year your display gets wilder, the music follows suit quite well.

Might as well add this into the process as well. You will need to normalize them as well.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

thanks William , not sure I completely understand "normalize" them, but appreciate the link and the info. Am sure I will get more into tweaking the audio files once all the sequencing is done,,,,hmmm, maybe I better rephrase that, don;t think the sequencing ever gets 100% done... :)

I wonder if that might also help my choice in music? :D :D

Wow George, just took a look at your site and videos, truely outstanding. Hope we can help raise that much for our local food bank this next year. After seeing your site and me sitting here with my simple 32 channels, I see where this is going in years ahead, I just can't share your site with my better half yet, she sees all that and either she pulls the plug on the whole thing or I am taking out a loan for another 100 controllers, lights and a direct feed from the power company. Nice job!