Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Computer Animation?

marsh28

Next year, I want to try adding some computer animated elements to my show by projecting onto a screen shaped like a christmas tree. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what programs would be best for creating a computer animated sequence? Thanks

Next year, I want to try adding some computer animated elements to my show by projecting onto a screen shaped like a christmas tree. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what programs would be best for creating a computer animated sequence? Thanks

what exactly are you looking? computer animation like what you see with pixar movies or using a projector/dvd player looping onto a screen?

The second. I just want to loop something onto a screen. The Pixar route is above my pay grade. ;)

...Although I do want to create my own animation and not simply buy a CD with an animation already on it.

The second. I just want to loop something onto a screen. The Pixar route is above my pay grade. ;)

...Although I do want to create my own animation and not simply buy a CD with an animation already on it.

there are a couple on here that do something similar, big problem is keeping the projector dry. One guy took a piece of plywood and cut a hole in it just big enough for his projector and then sealed around it so he could keep the projector inside. projected onto the back of a screen. not exactly sure how he queued the videos but there were different videos for each song.

Using video is really very simple. Take the video you want to use and change the length to the same as your audio file (song). Through any video editor remove the original sound track and overlay the audio track from the song you are sequencing too. Save the new file. In LOR ratther than selecting the MP3 file select the new video file .

Now sequence to that new file (or if you already have sequenced to the audio file, repoint the media file to the new combined file).

When you play the sequence the video will be output (cabled to your projector etc) and audio will play as normal.

• 5 months later...

Animated "GIF's" can be made with the animation shop that comes with PSP 5.0 (I do NOT know about other versions)

PSP stands for "Paint Shop Pro" made by Jasic Software.

Getting started with it takes a bit until you "get it" about frames and such, it has a good help index, and sample to play with.

5.0 is an older version, so you should be able to get a copy for free or really cheap.....

Greg

P.S. it took me 3 minutes to do the animation at the bottom of my post (the 64 channels and counting thing......)