Light-O-Rama Forums

Finally got my videos online of my first Christmas display

Jay Czerwinski

I used to have a smaller indoor display, but we just moved to a new neighborhood where the HOA encourages christmas lighting and displays. I gotta tell you that the other neighborhoods made my display look so little!! But I had fun none-the-less and learned a lot about outdoor displays. I really admire those of you who have real weather as my Southern California weather is rather mild! In one video, you see a kid skate boarding by!

This was a real challenge with a newborn baby and my wife and I learning how to be parents for the first time. I did my best to balance my time with my display.

Now on to planning for next year! I need:

to figure out how to stop the pauses in the lights - too much data a single network I guess. You can see the jitters especially in the TSO video.

to light the trees that are blocking a lot of the view.

to make better sequences that take advantage of the 6 CCRs and 4 CCPs in the display.

more lights and sequences!!

And so on....

I like Santa hanging from the gutter! Very nice display.

Just my opinion, on the second video,WIW, I would leave the lights off above the star. It didn't look like it belonged there and was distracting. Probably looks better in person, just seemed odd having lights above the star. Or make the tree taller!

Just my opinion, on the second video,WIW, I would leave the lights off above the star. It didn't look like it belonged there and was distracting. Probably looks better in person, just seemed odd having lights above the star. Or make the tree taller!

I think the lights above the star are actually the roofline that is partially obscured by trees.

Thanks for the compliment.

I had the lights above the star trying to do the full roof line of the house. It is a strange shape home with only that one vaulted ceiling room at +3 stories. There was a lot of tree obstruction though.

I was not as successful making the videos this time around - blurry and dim, but it does look better in person fortunately.

The star is at 30' tall. That peak of the house is around 40'. I might have gone taller, but I ran in to problems finding light strands that long - including the 8 CCP strands where that is the limit of the length. Suggestions welcome!

I was hoping to buy more CCPs to fill in the tree - but that jittery pausing situation needs to be solved first. I need a faster data flow somehow.

Curious - is your feedback about the star having something above it religious based - like the star should be the highest element?

Thanks for the feedback and know that your posts in the past surely had some effect to the final product. This goes to many people on this forum too.

THANK YOU!!

Thanks for the compliment.

I had the lights above the star trying to do the full roof line of the house. It is a strange shape home with only that one vaulted ceiling room at +3 stories. There was a lot of tree obstruction though.

This thread should help....

http://forums.lighto...hl__landscaping :lol:

Curious - is your feedback about the star having something above it religious based - like the star should be the highest element?

I think scubado was just talking purely about aesthetics, but he can chime in to confirm.

I forgot to mention before that I love your mega tree! Big thumbs up!

Edited by LORi P

• The topic was locked