Light-O-Rama Forums

Sinnamon Lights 2012

Geoff Harvey

I finally got around to uploading some 2012 videos.

or you can see all the uploads from http://www.youtube.c...iexmas43/videos including previous years.

This year my Sinnamon Lights show ran as a continuous 24 minute loop. Crowds were bigger than ever and some visitors even arrived with their own chairs and picnic rugs to sit on the opposite footpaths. Some sat and watched for an hour or more and even returned on other nights. Highlights included:

* One engagement that I know of,

* A couple of kindy aged girls had a beautiful prepared speech, and presented me with a lovely bottle of red,

* My grand daughters baked cookies and sold them for charity donations

* The local Rotary Santa sleigh which tours the local neighbourhood was waylaid for about an hour and a half by the children at the display,

* etc etc.

This year the display won the "Best synchronised music & lights" category in the 4KQ Brisbane Christmas lights competition.

Edited by Geoff Harvey
  • Like 2

Geoff: Loved the show. I look forward to yours each year. overall yours is the best show of all. Is it true this is the last year?

Geoff - That's so good I wish I could think of a word that hasn't been used before to describe it.

How about "drool"? I think that happened a little as I sat here with my mouth hanging open the past ten minutes...

Geoff: Loved the show. I look forward to yours each year. overall yours is the best show of all. Is it true this is the last year?

jerrymac

I really don't know if I have been cured of the CLAP, but as I have been doing lights for 10 years now, and I am getting to an age where climbing ladders is becoming a concern, I have decided there will be no lights this year (2013).

However, I am storing most of the lights & controllers just in case the affliction returns with a vengence. If so and also if the body is still willing and able, I just might do lights (reduced scale) for 1 or 2 more years, but NOT this year.

You've been busy! Absolutely amazing! I love the fans and your bursts.

If you shorten the poles on your roof, will that help you do it again?! :D

At least you don't have to tear down in the cold like some of us have to.

Geoff,

Absolutely awesome. I wish I could see it in person. You always amaze me with your great talent. Thanks for sharing!

Guest Don Gillespie

Never ceases to amaze me Geoff, another fantastic year for you, I have always fashioned my display to yours as our yards are close to the same in design, you however have a lot less snow than I do. :)

Geoff,

Holy Smokes !! Loved it.. Dont hang it up see if you can get a little help from the fire department!! I have seen several help get a show like this up every year.

Jeff

the best display I have seen yet. It is as good as many commercial displays,better than most as well. I agree with George Droool

• 4 weeks later...

WOW.. Wow..wow what an amazing display and show. I cant imagine what your Electric Bill is as i notice you almost always have most of the lights on.. But amazing.

• The topic was locked