Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel List

orchidman

In the Sequencer, there is the option Channel Configuration, and inside is the option to print out the Channel List.

I am trying to find a way of printing out the Channel LIst from the Visualizer.

I can't find any way in the program or from 'Help'. Is there any way of printing out the Channel List of the Fixtures in the Visualizer?

Good question, i don't think it's possible though.

Yah, it's not looking good. Right now I am reworking the XML file but I don't know if it is worth the time to write a parsing program to put it in the format I want.

When you start with the visualizer to design your setup, logically you want to go from the visualizer to the sequence, not the other way around.

• 2 months later...

Just curious if anyone found a way to do this. I started to design my yard but along the way i've forgotten what channels i've already assigned. Is there a way to "see" (print, view on screen, whatever) what controllers/channels i've already used?

Also, i'm still a little confused with the Fixture/Prop relationship. If I understand it correctly, a Prop is a collection of Fixtures. But i'm able to create a Fixture that has several distinct elements, e.g., several bushes with strings that are one "flower bed" fixture. Does everything on a Fixture have to be on the same channel and that is the difference?

Thanks,

TonyD

"Just curious if anyone found a way to do this. I started to design my yard but along the way i've forgotten what channels i've already assigned. Is there a way to "see" (print, view on screen, whatever) what controllers/channels i've already used?"

On the top line of the sequence editor select tools in the drop down menu. Click on " Channel Configuration you can view or print from here.

Edited by djr

"Just curious if anyone found a way to do this. I started to design my yard but along the way i've forgotten what channels i've already assigned. Is there a way to "see" (print, view on screen, whatever) what controllers/channels i've already used?"

On the top line of the sequence editor select tools in the drop down menu. Click on " Channel Configuration you can view or print from here.

That would be in the SE though, right? I'm talking about from the Visualizer itself. I don't see a quick way to export the visualizer channel config to something SE can import otherwise that would be OK too.

Yeah Tony, that would be SE. I am pretty confident that what you are lookinhg for in the Visualizer does not exist. You have to be regimented in laying out your visualizer in some orderly manner, or you will inevitably double up a channel, and will find it out when you play a sequence controlling your visualizer, and saying, why the hell is that on?

Yeah Tony, that would be SE. I am pretty confident that what you are lookinhg for in the Visualizer does not exist. You have to be regimented in laying out your visualizer in some orderly manner, or you will inevitably double up a channel, and will find it out when you play a sequence controlling your visualizer, and saying, why the hell is that on?

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Check out Quartz Hill Christmas.com

Rick has set up a spread sheet to help organize all this stuff, keeps track of light count, amp load you can print it out and is quite helpful during setup.

PMK

I was trying the same thing, just to print out the listing of connections, since I have only a 16 channel I have like three or four led strings of different props attached across the yard. I will just have to go back into in one by one and create a spread sheet of what circuits are connected and controlling what lights

• 1 year later...

The response that I got back from Bob is that it is not possible.  I tried opening the Channel Configuration file in Excel 2007.  It partially worked, but had problems with the Hex (0A, 0B, etc.) controller numbers.  It sort of scattered those all over the place and changed their controller numbers.  Basically it is unusable for any controllers over the number 10.

There used to be a 3rd party software program that could import the configurations and allow you to sort, format the print out, and export into a database compatible format.  But when the LOR software was revised to S2, the 3rd party program would no longer work.

This capability should be added to the existing Sequence Editor or created in another software module included with the suite. Performing this manually is not efficient, nor accurate as the only true configuration listing is the one that the program is executing.

• Like 1