Light-O-Rama Forums

Fixtures, 4 colors, and often 2, 3 or all 4 colors are on at same time

utb ghost

I am just going to start using Visualizer, and I have read the tutorial a few times. I have 4 windows , all the same, and all 4 color. I have two posts using rope lights with 4 colors. I have a fence with 4 colors.

So I can make 3 fixtures (window, post, and fence) and assign 4 channels to each, correct?

What I can't seem to understand from the tutorial is if during my simulation all 4 colors are on (0n any of my fixtures) how will that show? I will have drawn one string of lights for the window, yet it can be red, green, blue, or gold. Often times I use two, 3 or 4 color combos in my sequences. A window, post or fence can have about any combo of 4 channels activated.

Will one fixture show red green and gold "on" in my window fixture when the simulation runs? Inquiring mind wants to know before I begin to create fixtures.

Need to simulate, because I plan to go from 78 to 128 channels in 2013 (ok, 16 additional will actually run on a neighbors house to my left, and 8 (or so) on the neighbor's house to my right - and I will likely create separate visualizers for those channels so my stage isn't to wide, or to demanding of the processor. Those channels will likely just mimic some of mine for the most part, though I may have some house to house to house play at times!

Time is something I will not have, so I really want to get a good simulation to help my sequencing ....

Thanks, I think I can get through it all once I understand this basic question about 4 colors simultaneously on one fixture.

I am just going to start using Visualizer, and I have read the tutorial a few times. I have 4 windows , all the same, and all 4 color. I have two posts using rope lights with 4 colors. I have a fence with 4 colors.

So I can make 3 fixtures (window, post, and fence) and assign 4 channels to each, correct?

**Yes...but will all windows have the same 4 channels..or each fixture have their own individual 4 channels**

What I can't seem to understand from the tutorial is if during my simulation all 4 colors are on (0n any of my fixtures) how will that show?

If I am understanding your question correctly, the simulation will show all four colors on (R, G, B, and Gold) IF that is what you are telling to be on. When you make the fixture and tell it to have 4 colors/Channels, then it will have a set of RGBG bulbs then another set of RGBG bulbs and so on and so on..so if you tell it to just have gold on it will just turn on the gold bulbs. If your sequence is saying turn on red and green it will just turn on the red and green bulbs in the visualizer.

Will one fixture show red green and gold "on" in my window fixture when the simulation runs?

**If that is how your sequence is programmed**

Edited by jimswinder
  • Like 1

Thanks Jim, appreciate the info.

Yes each window has 4 separate colors, and all 4 windows are independent of each other - sometimes working together but other times chasing or whatever sometimes within the mselves, sometimes around the house so to speak.. My 4 windows have 16 channels.

Curios now, the two posts have 4 colors of rope lights, and each post has the 4 colrs independent (8 channels between the two posts).

If that will all work - and I assume you were asking because I will have to assign my channels correctly to each window and posts to get the simulation to responfd properly - you have helped save me some trial and error.

The visualizer treats strings of lights a lot like N-Channel rope light....

Let's say you draw a fixture, and specify a single channel as RED. When that channel is ON will look like

RRRRRRRRRRRR......

When it's OFF it will look like

--------------- (IE: Nothing)

Now, take that same fixture, and define a second channel as WHITE.

When only RED is on, you will see:

R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R......

When only WHITE is on, you will see (I used white here just for an example. The color is up to you):

-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W.......

When BOTH are on you will see:

RWRWRWRWRWRWRW.......

A third GREEN channel would be

--G--G--G--G--G.....

or

R-GR-GR-GR-GR-G.....

or

-WG-WG-WG-WG-WG.....

or

RWGRWGRWGRWGRWG.....

or

RW-RW-RW-RW-RW-RW-.....

You should be able to extrapolate the rest.