Light-O-Rama Forums

type of lights..

strobe

like to start out and say Hello im a newbie from mich. and this is a wonderful hobby.. my ? is i found some lights from a person c7 c9 he has like 4 totes of these do i want to use these lights?or just stick with the mini lights..thanks fr any help

I'd run away from them.............they are a power hog............I am an all LED guy however and there is cost to go LED........

Steve

I'd run away from them.............they are a power hog............I am an all LED guy however and there is cost to go LED........

Steve

I don't know that I would run from them as a newbie. I had about 20000 of them at one time and my power bill went up a very small amount when I used them. I have 9 large trees that had about 2000 in each and they all turned per tree at the same time. I did have to have two circuits because one was just not enough, but my power didn't go up that much at all. Perhaps $100 for the month.. Consider what we spend in this hobby to just get the show ready and $100 a year for power really isn't that much in the scheme of things.. especially since you can get about 10x the incans for the price of LED.

Just my two cents worth..

thanks for all ur input.. this is a way cool hobby cant get enough of it since i seen my first house in person this Christmas totally amazed me ..

thanks for everyone two cents i take all the help i can get...

I'd say that for all the same reasons the other party is getting rid of them, those are the reasons you should stay away.

I'd say that for all the same reasons the other party is getting rid of them, those are the reasons you should stay away.

Hi George,

Actually the reason I am getting rid of them is two fold. First off, my channel count is going to jump to between 4000-8000 this year, if all goes well, and I want to do things that I can't do with incans. Oh, I guess that is both reasons. :P

I personally have had good luck with incans to date. The advent of the reasonably priced pixel and my crazy ideas are what has prompted me to go with mostly LEDs. Since I had a hand in both of the LED Time Square Balls, I have had some very cool ideas I want to try out and now I am able... Ok.. at least I think they are cool. ;)

Incans seem a good way to cut your teeth on a budget.. don't you think?

Edited by plasmadrive

and i just learned that the c7 c9 strings i can buy the curtain strobe light that are very cool they screw right in its place of the bulb.. going to use this one...glad i got them....