Light-O-Rama Forums

3 Channel DMX Module/Controller Thingy...

TheUltimate

Holiday Coro and diyledexpress both carry a 3 channel dmx controller (believe they are the same unit). I have also seen these on ebay and they look the same. Does anyone know if the controllers on ebay are the same? I've noticed some say "common anode" but i don't know what that means.

Thanks for your help!

Not to sure, they i was looking at this today and thought the same thing. I can tell you i use the HolidayCoro ones and they work great though.

If using it for dumb strings, you want common anode because most strings we use are setup for this. The colors are set by sinking the current for each channel.

You also need to consider amps provided by the controller and also you will have to have an ability to program it so that it knows its address.

Instead of experimentation with the unknown, buy the known. There a few here who have gone well out on a limb in terms of the unknown. Some came back with great results, some wound up with a pile of part.

They are cheap to buy the correct ones. Dont chance the headaches of the unknowns.

Holiday Coro and diyledexpress both carry a 3 channel dmx controller (believe they are the same unit). I have also seen these on ebay and they look the same. Does anyone know if the controllers on ebay are the same? I've noticed some say "common anode" but i don't know what that means.

Thanks for your help!

Save yourself the headache. Get the Holiday Coro controllers, I have a couple of dozen of them from David,. Better to have someone dependable in the event of problems or questions.

Great service and super products.

I have a bunch of those 3 channel units brand new in a box.. DMX to RGB... From Ray Wu... I bought them for a job and never used them. Anyone want to buy some.. PM me.. I also have a programmer so I can set your starting address.

http://www.aliexpres...07297826.html I have both 5 and 12 volt..

Edited by plasmadrive

I also have some of these that are the RGB and not the WS2801s which is what they were supposed to be.. however, they are PWM which is better for specific color control.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mini-protocol-Decoder-DMX-to-WS2801-512-dmx-address-decoded/701799_440556828.html

Go with the known, i bought all mine from David at Holiday Coro, great support and service. they are the same ones you can get from China/Ray Wu. Unless you r buying a large bulk quantity, the cost from the guys here that sell them is not that out of line.

I agree. They are worth the couple extra dollars just for the ease of programming.

The only issue with those is weather proofing them. Supposedly the other ones are weather proof. I know these are because they are potted. http://www.aliexpres..._440556828.html But you still have to make connections.. if it isn't one thing it's another.. :unsure: